Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 97 mustang v6 and I have just dropped in a Kirban Billete Fuel Pressure Regulator. I was kinda skeptical about what my car was having issues with and I decided to go with the FPR. So anyways getting to the point, I tested the pressure after I installed the part and I cant seem to get the specs on what the pressure should be with the vacuum line on and then with it off. I have set it to 38 psi with the line off and now I am thinking that it should be 38 psi with it on right? I have searched the web for almost 2 hours now and I keep getting mixed feedback so I hope you guys can clear this up. On another note, when I set it to the 38 psi with the line off, the pressure went way down when I replaced the vacuum line back on. It went from 38 psi to 22 psi is this normal? Now I am thinking that it might be my fuel pump. I know its suppose to drop some but not that low right? Any feedback over this would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well then don't I feel semi-dumb lol. For being a pretty good mechanic I failed to check the one place everyone should look when it comes to questions like this first. And that is looking in the *@#$%$# Haynes Manuel. Anyways, I found the answer in the book and I wanted to post just in case some one else needed the info. The manual says that the PSI of the regulator should be between 30-40 PSI with the vacuum line on and 45-50 PSI with it off. I went ahead and reset the pressure to about 38 PSI and now when I take off the vacuum line it goes up to about 47 PSI. So its well within the normal range. Thanks anyways guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts