Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just did a crazy tune up and changed out my failing fuel pump with a 190lph Walbro and a Kirban adjustable fuel regulator. Car runs great as is but still need to adjust the reg. How do I know what psi to set it at on the rail? Btw, anyone with a pump with over 160k miles, it may be in your best interest to change it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I googled your question and by mmff magazine it should be set round 37-39 psi with the vacuum line disconnected from the regulator. Thats a starting pt at least. I don't run one but if u google it then u will get the full details.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well from what I've seen online and in other forums, fuel pressure tends to differ from car to car. Healthy range seems to be from 32-40psi at idle with the vacuum line unattached from the reg. As Engine speed increases, so should the pressure. If it decreases, you've got problems (obviously).

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well from what I've seen online and in other forums, fuel pressure tends to differ from car to car. Healthy range seems to be from 32-40psi at idle with the vacuum line unattached from the reg. As Engine speed increases, so should the pressure. If it decreases, you've got problems (obviously).
Sounds like u got it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts