Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 255 lph pump already with 42lb injectors. If I go to 60 lb injectors, besides a re-calibrated maf what else do I need to change?

Fuel Pressure Regulator/Stock
Fuel Rails/Stock

·
Registered
270 Posts
I would definitly get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Not sure about the fuel rails though.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I have a 255 lph pump already with 42lb injectors. If I go to 60 lb injectors, besides a re-calibrated maf what else do I need to change?

Fuel Pressure Regulator/Stock
Fuel Rails/Stock
I have a 340 lph in tank pump from AFM, a T-Rex external pump and 60 lb injectors. I'm going to try running mine by changing the pressure regulator to an AccuFab adjustable unit and using a set of the larger aftermarket BBK fuel rails.

Eventually I'm going to have to replace the entire fuel system as the tiny fuel lines are going to be a restriction at some point.

To figure out exactly what you need, you have to find out how many GPH/LPH your engine/HP level is going to need, then ensure the pump regulator, fuel lines and rails can supply the volume needed at the fuel pressure you are running. You want to make sure the system can provide the maximum amount and a little more than what is needed at WOT so you don't lean out and fry the engine.

Once again, in my failed drive I had a bunch of info on that, but so far I have not found it in the recovery files. :cry:

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
That failed drive is really causing issues for all of us:)
Yeah, It just makes me sick that I was so stupid and I knew better too.
I had tons of info on it that was added to from all of my previous systems.
Right now I am running from my WinXP system drive, it has a lot of info, but not all the new stuff that was on my Win7 drive. I should have written it all up and posted it in one of the sticky threads. :mad:

P.S. I did find out what happened though I think. The power supply started to fail and the low voltage from it caused the drives to become corrupted as they didn't have enough power to write information to the drives properly and it snowballed from there. From now on I will replace the power supplies every 2-3 years max. Live and learn.

Start by Googling GPH/HP requirements and you should find a calculator or the formulas required to figure what you need. Then somewhere online I found (in a mag article I think), what the stock fuel lines are capable of providing. :good:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts