Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was filling up today when i saw a stream of gas coming out of my bumper. I tried to see the source but gas evaporates way to fast. I have also noticed my mpg lowering quite a bit. It goes down during the winter but not this much. Any one have this issue/know of it or anything?

Also, I have an antifreeze leak. I believe it is a timing cover because i can't see the source, but does this sound accurate? Oh, btw its a 1997 convert with 3.8L engine 76,000 miles on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
mustangmare said:
i was filling up today when i saw a stream of gas coming out of my bumper. I tried to see the source but gas evaporates way to fast. I have also noticed my mpg lowering quite a bit. It goes down during the winter but not this much. Any one have this issue/know of it or anything?
GET THIS CHECKED OUT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! If your gas leak is htat close to your exhaust then you're looking at a possible fire / explosion hazzard!! Get it to a Ford Dealer (or other mechanic) as soon as you possibly can!! Dont screw around with gas leaks!!

Also, I have an antifreeze leak. I believe it is a timing cover because i can't see the source, but does this sound accurate? Oh, btw its a 1997 convert with 3.8L engine 76,000 miles on it. Thanks!
Antifreeze does not enter your timing chain cover... oil does. Oil and antifreeze dont mix. Check your water pump gasket seal. Check upper and lower radiator pipes. Check Head gaskets. Check oil dipstick (if you see a beade of water in your oil.... hehe, have fun.).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts