Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the approximate HP gain would be on the 3.7L with CAI, tune, throttle body and spacer, long tube headers, xpipe and cat back? Has anyone done this to their 3.7 and got it dyno'd?

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I'd be interested in true, fact backed numbers on these mods as well. Not interested in what the manufacturers advertise they can provide, but rather a dyno backed set of numbers.

Subscribed.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Does anyone know what the approximate HP gain would be on the 3.7L with CAI, tune, throttle body and spacer, long tube headers, xpipe and cat back? Has anyone done this to their 3.7 and got it dyno'd?
I have the above except for the BBK throttle body because I don't think it's worth the 399 price tag. My car was at 320HP and 310-315 lbs

·
Registered
744 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
I have the above except for the BBK throttle body because I don't think it's worth the 399 price tag. My car was at 320HP and 310-315 lbs
Do you have a dyno sheet? 320 seems pretty high. Unless you mean to the flywheel.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
remember you can have an 80 hp honda dyno at 600 hp...numbers are only as good as the guy running the computer and his machine. i'm guessing the numbers were crank hp though...was it a mustang dyno or dynojet

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
remember you can have an 80 hp honda dyno at 600 hp...numbers are only as good as the guy running the computer and his machine. i'm guessing the numbers were crank hp though...was it a mustang dyno or dynojet
Okay at the crank the car makes 305 ur telling me with full exhaust, CAI, Custom Tune it just raised the crank number 15HP? A Tune Alone will add 18 proven by bamma themselves wow guys come on lol

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Okay at the crank the car makes 305 ur telling me with full exhaust, CAI, Custom Tune it just raised the crank number 15HP? A Tune Alone will add 18 proven by bamma themselves wow guys come on lol
Our cars make 245-260 stock man. They build from there. Those numbers are due to drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Our cars make 245-260 stock man. They build from there. Those numbers are due to drivetrain loss.
Yea I understand I was proving a point saying even IF I was talking about at the crank all my mods would do more then just 15HP

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

My car made 274HP stock on. Mustang Dynojet

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Yea I understand I was proving a point saying even IF I was talking about at the crank all my mods would do more then just 15HP

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

My car made 274HP stock on. Mustang Dynojet
Ok I was about to call you the dumbest person known to the car world lol but jokes aside that's pretty good. Auto or stick? That was an auto that I saw. I'm slightly shocked at how low these cars hp rating can be.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Ok I was about to call you the dumbest person known to the car world lol but jokes aside that's pretty good. Auto or stick? That was an auto that I saw. I'm slightly shocked at how low these cars hp rating can be.
Hahahaha yea I know man lol auto sir. Our V6 are still much more powerful then its predecessors.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hahahaha yea I know man lol auto sir. Our V6 are still much more powerful then its predecessors.
Don't get me started on the old v6. The manual made it feel fast but it barely hit 190hp. Great learner cars because they have no safety features, well at least mine didn't

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Don't get me started on the old v6. The manual made it feel fast but it barely hit 190hp. Great learner cars because they have no safety features, well at least mine didn't
My first mustang was a 07 GT but some ******* ****en T-Boned me on a stop light and that's the end of her. They wrote me a check and I put it down for my new V6

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
keep it tech related or the thread has to be moved
Sorry haha but seriously my car does a good solid 320HP with my CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, BBK LongTube Headers, Matching X-Pipe, custom 3' catback piping, Roush Axlebacks and last but not least! My 93 Hybrid Tune!

I'm working on the aluminum Driveshaft, LSD, and more suspension mods

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
So, lots of verbal numbers, but no dyno sheets yet.

Still subscribed.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying the drive every day with what I have.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.