Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
No they sell whole kits to do entire car . That pic looks painted cuz the stripes would be really hard to do on top of plasti dip

·
Registered
828 Posts
Please don't plasti dip your car. Have a friend who did his BMW and it looks horrible. You can buy a actual wrap for your car. I think the blue and black would look great as long as you do it right the first time

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Please don't plasti dip your car. Have a friend who did his BMW and it looks horrible. You can buy a actual wrap for your car. I think the blue and black would look great as long as you do it right the first time
There is a reason most shops charge a few thousand to do a straight wrap.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Be cheaper to have it painted then wrapped lol plasti is cheapest way and it comes off but the stripes prob wouldn't be do able

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Be cheaper to have it painted then wrapped lol plasti is cheapest way and it comes off but the stripes prob wouldn't be do able
Could do the stripes in a different color plastic dip. I know they don't recommend painting over plastic dip as it becomes near impossible to take off.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
If we all had 2k jus laying around lol and once it starts peeling you screwed lol
The vinyl shop here guarantees the wrap for as long as you own your car. I figured that's why it's so much. I'm sure it'll peel and sections would have to be replaced periodically. Especially if it fades.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I remember seeing a video of a car (i think it was a charge) getting a clear bra put on that was actually matte black. Pretty sweet. ill see if i can find the video

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm gonna vinyl my roof matte black. I can pick up a 4x5 sheet for about $75. I'm gonna try and do it myself.
Sounds like a cool idea, and I'm considering it myself but wouldn't it clash a bit with the hood? What's stopping me is the carbon fiber vinyl wrap I have on my trunk lid. I'm still undecided whether I wanna do gloss or matte black... Of course I would have to change my trunk vinyl as well but don't wanna take off that GT emblem again (what a nightmare)

·
Registered
681 Posts
That looks pretty sick up top. I'm not gonna lie, I had never heard of plasti dip before those videos lol. Kind of makes me want to experiment with a matte stripe on my car now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts