Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got done putting a 2004 gt motor(30,000) miles on it. Into my 98 mustang gt ended up doing longtubes and short x bbk 78 mm throttle body and tune took it to the track tonight best time 13.2 at 105.7 this was with stock gears on nitto 555s so I am really happy with this swap anyone with a npi gt needs this swap!!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
So I just got done putting a 2004 gt motor(30,000) miles on it. Into my 98 mustang gt ended up doing longtubes and short x bbk 78 mm throttle body and tune took it to the track tonight best time 13.2 at 105.7 this was with stock gears on nitto 555s so I am really happy with this swap anyone with a npi gt needs this swap!!!!
Im glad to read this! Im getting my pi'd this summer, reading this makes me want to get started on it now lol

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
So dose anyone have a guess what I would run with 3.73s and some Mickey Thompson et streets?
You may break 12.9s with 3.73 and mickeys. I havent tried to run the track yet on mine i have pi swap and a bunch of other stuff so im curious what i will pull on the track

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With stock 3.27 gears and the nitto 555 at about 20 psi I am leaving around 3000 rpm and rolling into the clutch and when it starts movin pretty good drop the rest of the clutch and then WOT and then grab 2nd

·
Registered
798 Posts
Lol no I just know how to drive my car a old man came up to me and said I am glad to see one of these dumba$$ kids can drive a mustang haha it made my night
Ill post my times saturday. Im making a trip to a good track saturday, not the local track(basically a parking lot with a tree on it). No one runs to their full potential there. I have a lot of work to do though to run mine to its full potential. Plus im kinda scared to push her hard cuz i dont have the money to fix her. Luckily im a mile from work so its not too big of a deal if i break her haha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts