Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen multiple threads on this, and most of the arguments are it doesnt extract hot air and it makes the hood vibrate, well what if you drilled "Honda holes" on the lip on the back of the hood also? It would suck cold air in the front and push hot air out the back right? And the constant flow of air should stop the hood vibration don't you think?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I don't know if it would make a drastic difference, unless you track it and I'm not meaning at the drag strip I mean like auto cross or lap T's.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
the problem i've seen multiple times with this is water run off right on top of the ignition coils...

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can't see it doing anything besides keeping you engine a little bit cooler, but that's not gonna make a big enough difference for it to be worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
903 Posts
i did this about two years ago. I cut about a 14" wide, by 9" hole in the hood, removed the honeycomb, and cut 4 vents in the back of the scoop. It is not worth it. I made sure I took all the proper routes, because as many know, I do things to my car as a test dummy for people who are too nervous to do it themselves. in this instance, 90% of you would lose your scoop at freeway speeds, and you will cause more damage than good. The easiest way I explain it to people... If Ford is as big a company as they are, and they spend stupid amounts of money doing research on cars... dont you think if they wanted it functional, it would be?

this is all

·
Registered
304 Posts
Topless04GT said:
i did this about two years ago. I cut about a 14" wide, by 9" hole in the hood, removed the honeycomb, and cut 4 vents in the back of the scoop. It is not worth it. I made sure I took all the proper routes, because as many know, I do things to my car as a test dummy for people who are too nervous to do it themselves. in this instance, 90% of you would lose your scoop at freeway speeds, and you will cause more damage than good. The easiest way I explain it to people... If Ford is as big a company as they are, and they spend stupid amounts of money doing research on cars... dont you think if they wanted it functional, it would be?

this is all
Solid point sir.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

this is all
yep...if you want a heat extractor buy a hood made for it

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Your driving, air goes in the top through the open vents and out the bottom =} im just guessing this is how it works. To me it helps the engine blow out heat

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Topless04GT said:

this is all
They'd probably charge extra to make it functional jaja.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Your driving, air goes in the top through the open vents and out the bottom =} im just guessing this is how it works. To me it helps the engine blow out heat

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

They'd probably charge extra to make it functional jaja.
cost of making it functional wouldn't even be noticed by the consumer...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
1slosix said:
cost of making it functional wouldn't even be noticed by the consumer...
Unless your a gear head

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Unless your a gear head
even then...ford changes prices year after year and even a gear head doesn't understand fully why. be that a change in material or parts. unless you tear down the car piece by piece and get a price list for every bolt you will never truely know where the cost is at.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
1slosix said:
even then...ford changes prices year after year and even a gear head doesn't understand fully why. be that a change in material or parts. unless you tear down the car piece by piece and get a price list for every bolt you will never truely know where the cost is at.
That is true I didnt think of it that way, well then they probably already charge for nonsense so what would a few more bucks be

1 - 16 of 16 Posts