Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting a hood just want to know the benefits of having a functional ram air versus a non functional. Are the gains noticeable? I found a similar gts 4 good but the hood slots are sealed but its like 300 bucks cheaper. My paint guy at ford said he can paint the hood for 275. Just trying to see if its worth getting a functional or not.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It won't add any real world power just get the non functional

·
Registered
23 Posts
There are some that are functional Ram Air CAI kits but the difference in the price doesnt usually justify getting that with the hood shown. Even the Shaker kits do no better than a standard aftermarket CAI. On my old 2007 I had a JLT CAI with a tune from Bama tunes and got a gain of 38 rwhp. Not bad for $750 and very easy to install.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I was thinking just to get the the non funcitional just for looks and put the 300 I save into something that will add power.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will just help cool the engine down better maybe better air in the intake
Ok its my dd not worried about overheating just mainly want looks and performance. I would have went with the functional. But some folks at ford said unless I was doing some type of track racing I wouldnt notice anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts