Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Remembered another one. Before the Muscle car era they had those Twin H power Hudson Hornets. Some wicked 6 bangers back in the 50s.

Adventure till you drop.
Hey Recon, got any pictures of Hudson's to post on Cars Cars Cars thread? :popcorn:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Remembered another one. Before the Muscle car era they had those Twin H power Hudson Hornets. Some wicked 6 bangers back in the 50s.

Adventure till you drop.

·
Registered
815 Posts
" As the old Camaro/Challenger/Mustang rap goes, V8's are for those serious about performance, V6's are for secretarial pools and rental fleets."
I have a 6 in my DD, 3.0L five speed, maybe 150hp.
I used to drive 106 miles a day, to & from work, so this is what I needed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mostly because the V6 is economical and affordable. I own a 4.0 and a 5.0. The V6 has general been the back bone for mustang sales. If ford only offered V8, mustang sales would probably drop down to a near similar sales rate of corvette. Not everyone wants all that horsepower, most V8 owns won't put the engine to the full test. Just saying!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
274 Posts
Mainly the reason I got a V6 was the price tag. I would have loved a V8 but I got my V6 with 35,000 miles for $13,000. The closest V8 with that many miles near me were all $25,000+, having just graduated college there was no way I was affording the payments on those. Maybe my next one will be a V8 but for now my V6 has the most power out of any of my friends cars and enough power for me so I'm good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's also a valid point! In college I bought a V6 Mustang. Because that was the only car I could afford on my small paycheck. After college I got commissioned in the military comma , so I could forward buying a 2016 Mustang GT premium. Not many people at my age of 24 right out of college can say they own 3 mustangs and still pay back college bills.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That's also a valid point! In college I bought a V6 Mustang. Because that was the only car I could afford on my small paycheck. After college I got commissioned in the military comma , so I could forward buying a 2016 Mustang GT premium. Not many people at my age of 24 right out of college can say they own 3 mustangs and still pay back college bills.

Exactly, I could have bought 2 of my cars for the price of one V8. I'm sure in 5 years when my car is 100% paid off I will go buy a V8 has I should have more income along with my student loans should be paid off.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I bought a 2013 V/6 because of how well it handled with the Performance Package, paid in DEC 2015 with 18k, $16,000.00, also had tech package. With a few mods you can get 350 HP, and that is all one needs. To hard to get back your license once you loose it.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I bought a 2013 V/6 because of how well it handled with the Performance Package, paid in DEC 2015 with 18k, $16,000.00, also had tech package. With a few mods you can get 350 HP, and that is all one needs. To hard to get back your license once you loose it.
You made great choices -- and you are exactly the kind of buyer that Ford is ignoring by making all of the options you mention unavailable in the new V6 'Stang.
Ford must be trying to push the 4 cylinder EcoBoost to folks who now want a car as you are describing.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You made great choices -- and you are exactly the kind of buyer that Ford is ignoring by making all of the options you mention unavailable in the new V6 'Stang.
Ford must be trying to push the 4 cylinder EcoBoost to folks who now want a car as you are describing.
I have also a 1986 Merkur XR4TI with the 2.3 Turbo, so I didn't need another one. Besides the 4 cylinder really doesn't make the sounds of a 8 or even a 6 with a good exhaust system.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i would buy a v6 S550 just for the sake of having a commuter car. one i cherish and don't want an ounce of salt on it, the other i would just run it for fuel economy and style. and the price! oh the price! why the F would you go buy a civic when you can get a v6 mustang for the same price??!!

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i would buy a v6 S550 just for the sake of having a commuter car. one i cherish and don't want an ounce of salt on it, the other i would just run it for fuel economy and style. and the price! oh the price! why would you go buy a civic when you can get a v6 mustang for the same price??!!
Maybe 42 mpg -- vs -- 29, and a usable back seat? You really are comparing apples and anvils here.....it's not even apples and oranges......

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
The back seat is usable, for short people

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The back seat is usable, for short people
Not on ours. For me to be comfortable in the front, the backs of the front seats are within 1/2 an inch of touching the fronts of the back seats......OK -- that sounds strange, doesn't it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah I could fit in the back of my 14' but not my 15'. The fast back window makes it impossible for anyone 5'9 and over to sit comfortably behind therr

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah I could fit in the back of my 14' but not my 15'. The fast back window makes it impossible for anyone 5'9 and over to sit comfortably behind therr

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Trust me, even in a convertible the back seat is there only for insurance purposes, so you don't have to insure a "two seater, " for which the rates are much higher.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts