Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would rather be cramped in the back of my fastback than be "comfortable" in the back of a civic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
502 Posts
You can fit two, over 6 ft, people in the back of the convertible with the top up. It's still cramped but they can sit without having to move their heads sideways as they would have to do in the coupe. I'm just saying.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Legs actually are pretty easy, imo. I'll show you next time I see you mud! It's head room that don't work in the fastback

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
You can fit two, over 6 ft, people in the back of the convertible with the top up. It's still cramped but they can sit without having to move their heads sideways as they would have to do in the coupe. I'm just saying.....
I have not tried to sit in the rear seat of the newer Mustangs, but at 5'11" I can tell you that I cannot sit in the back of my 02 convertible with the top up. I was doing a little cleaning and detailing, and curiousity deemed it necessary for me to see how uncomfortable the back of the car is. If the front seats had not been folded and moved forward I would not have fit at all.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have not tried to sit in the rear seat of the newer Mustangs, but at 5'11" I can tell you that I cannot sit in the back of my 02 convertible with the top up. I was doing a little cleaning and detailing, and curiousity deemed it necessary for me to see how uncomfortable the back of the car is. If the front seats had not been folded and moved forward I would not have fit at all.

Oh it's tight no doubt about it. But I am 6 ft and I can sit in the back of my GT. Leg room is tight I have to move the front seats up. I actually don't mind cleaning the back with the convertible top down. It's so easy. :cool:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Oh it's tight not doubt about it. But I am 6 ft and I can sit in the back of my GT. Leg room is tight I have to move the front seats up. I actually don't mind cleaning the back with the convertible top down. It's so easy. :cool:
It is nice to open the top and do what is needed.

I have owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse, a and a WS6 Trans Am. Both were coupes, and I only cleaned the back of those cars if they really needed it. The rear seating didn't get the weekly wipe down treatment the front did.

This little car makes cleaning fairly easy. Drop the top, reach everything.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Just fold the rear seats down and have your passengers lay down in the trunk.
What trunk? There is a shoe box where the trunk should be in a convertible.

·
Registered
502 Posts
it don't count as fitting if you have to move the seats up.....just saying.

I clean my back window 1x year not often enuf to want kids.
I have to disagree. I can't think of any sports car with a back seat that you don't have to move the front seats to accommodate rear passengers. Not all the way up, just a bit.

I could be wrong. I guess.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I have to disagree. I can't think of any sports car with a back seat that you don't have to move the front seats to accommodate rear passengers. Not all the way up, just a bit.

I could be wrong. I guess.
There was plenty of room in my 71 Chevelle. Oh the days of big blocks and big cars. That thing had power and room. It handled great in a straight line.

I was in high school when I owned that yellow SS. It was fun to load up all of your friends and still have muscle.

·
Registered
502 Posts
There was plenty of room in my 71 Chevelle. Oh the days of big blocks and big cars. That thing had power and room. It handled great in a straight line.

I was in high school when I owned that yellow SS. It was fun to load up all of your friends and still have muscle.

Ok the 70's cars were huge compared to today's cars BUT the Corvette was cramped. I worked at a Chevy deal ship in 74. Big 350 V-8. Not much power though.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts