Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in may, when i bought my 13, me and sales guy haggled for most of the morning. After threatening to take my business elsewhere, he and the manager caved into my demands.(like they really did me a favor). Anyhow, im happy in my 5.0 euphoria,showing it off, etc... a month later, i get a call from the sales guy, wanting my vin #. Curious, i ask what this about. He then goes on to explain the car i bought, on paper, was still in the lot and they let me go in the wrong car! Me: so youre telling me, a month goes by before you find the error and my pretty pony is wrongfully registered and tagged? Sales: why yes, you are correct, we need the vin... so i give it to him and behold, there is a 50 dollar difference, to which he said they will gladly eat the cost! I start to wondering, what in the world could be a 50 dollar difference on the car? Floor mats maybe??? He couldn't even answer that one. Just thought I'd share this. Has anybody ever had a sales boo boo like this?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
You know, I noticed that too. I was at the dealer looking at the 13's and I found two identical GT's same options, same color but one had an MSRP that was $160 higher. I asked a sales guy and he said it may have been a greater destination fee. Although they both had the same $500 destination fee on the tag. Something fishy is going on there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I work in sales, not cars, and weird stuff happens all the time. Not always necessarily someone trying to screw you. Orders get mixed, paperwork gets shuffled or lost, etc. Most of the time sales people just want to fix it the fastest and easiest so they can focus on their next sale. If it seems weird, I wouldn't sign anything until you meet with the sales manager.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Fee

It could have been the difference in the Advertising Fee or the Fuel Tax.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
NewMtang said:
It could have been the difference in the Advertising Fee or the Fuel Tax.
Gas guzzler tax? There isn't one on any of the mustangs...

Dodges and Chevy's have it though.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
It's not the Gas Guzzler Tax. It's on the rising cost of fuel, in particular diesel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you were to compare both shipping/window stickers, you would see where the cost difference is. Probably a dealer item. (Floormats,first aid kit, wheel locls, etc)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts