Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you know that I want to mod my engine. I was going to do H/C/I or a Vortech. I just figured out what I want to do. I know Im doing the Saleen body kit, I already have the front. Well I want to keep the Saleen theme threw out my car. I want to buy a 5.8 351W. Not sure to go turnkey or build my own from a junkyard. There is a place here in NJ selling turnkeys with 400hp for 5,900, and but I could get a 310hp for 4,900. Its a lot but I think it would be worth it. I haven't seen a 94-98 mustang around here with Saleen kit, or any mustang with a 351w. So my car will be unique. Do you think its a waste of money? Im starting to save and have a little over $1000. I dont think it will take me to long. Either way just wanted to share with you, my plans on a S351 Replica.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Sounds very cool man

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
something ive wanted to do. good luck man sounds sweet, theres a real 95 s351 for sale down by me, wants like 35,000-40,000 for it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to get a hood first for clearance issues. I hope I do go threw with this. It looks like a pretty easy swap.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone knows of a place that sells 351W Long blocks at a good price leave a link.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
you will be wasting so much money by buying a turnkey engine, you can build a 400 hp 351w for way less than $6k. also, are you sure that you need a new hood? i know a 351w is wider than the 260-302s but i thought that the 351w was the same height as the 260-302s? would you be going fuel injected or carburated?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I need a new hood, its a little higher, but with the performer intake Ill need on anyways

·
Registered
583 Posts
fast64 said:
you will be wasting so much money by buying a turnkey engine, you can build a 400 hp 351w for way less than $6k. also, are you sure that you need a new hood? i know a 351w is wider than the 260-302s but i thought that the 351w was the same height as the 260-302s? would you be going fuel injected or carburated?
depends on what that 351 comes with, I'd say if it has aluminum heads and all high dollar parts it'll be the same, actually might come out on top... not to meantion that this motor is done right, parts that match and have been tested, people that are pro's and know what works the best, sure more power with less money is to be made, but with a sacrifice for reliability, or maintenence.
building motors isn't as simple as throwing parts together, they're are many many headaches. 6K is a little high, but its not like he's getting ripped off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts