Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone thinks there will be gains seen from removing cats

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Wondering if anyone thinks there will be gains seen from removing cats
I think there will be very noticeable power gains with removing the cats. The cats really clog up the air flow coming out of the engine. Once the cats come off your engine is gonna breath so much better and be able to push that air out way faster. Air out faster, creates more HP and torgue to engine. My cats will be coming off next month along with headers going on.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea... I was just thinking, maybe just doing cat delete would be the way to go VS spending an arm and leg for long tubes.... Or maybe I'm just cheap lol

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Yea... I was just thinking, maybe just doing cat delete would be the way to go VS spending an arm and leg for long tubes.... Or maybe I'm just cheap lol
No way man. I feel ya. $hit can be costly. I think just having the cats off will be a nice difference for ya. Modding can get costly. I just bought a one piece aluminum driveshaft and 3:73 gear combo kit and there going to be installed this Monday. Between the two purchases it was like 1.3k with the install.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I got no cats and it feels great idk about a huge performance gain but def does some thing :) and it sounds great!!!!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya. I just put springs and pan hard in today and I'm trying to pick a DS now but I'm not sure what to get. I did 3.73's about a month ago and love them. I was thinking about going with long tunes but if I just do deletes then I can get my in dash screen that I have been wanting...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think there will be very noticeable power gains with removing the cats. The cats really clog up the air flow coming out of the engine. Once the cats come off your engine is gonna breath so much better and be able to push that air out way faster. Air out faster, creates more HP and torgue to engine. My cats will be coming off next month along with headers going on.
Would this pass inspection in Texas?

·
Registered
529 Posts
It's gonna stink with them off.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Newer models free up more than later ones obviously. But depending on your state laws you wouldn't pass. My inspector didnt look under it. When he was working on it it threw codes cuz I don't have eliminators. But he now knows why it throws code for o2 sensors. But he passed me before he saw I had no cats

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I got no cats and it feels great idk about a huge performance gain but def does some thing :) and it sounds great!!!!
Is the gas smell very noticeable? That's my only concern

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I still have mufflers 10 series!!!!! :)

How do you like your 10's? I have been thinking of getting some...

Anyone know the specifics on the NMRA "Super 'Stang" class? All I could find was that for NA cars (that would be me) you have to weigh in at 3200 pounds, run a 14.5 or better, and launch on foot break only.... but there has to be more to it than that. there are power adder regulations as well but it looks like they just need to weigh in at 3400 pounds? Cars will stage with a 0.500 pro tree (no idea what that means) in a dial-in-style race. foot break rule applies to all.

Im good to go as far as safety equipment i think. I have safety loops going in with my DS as soon as I get a chance to instal so if I break into the 12's I wont get the boot. Im pretty sure I can get the 12.99 now if I can get hooked up, time will tell. Im pretty new to the "official" racing scene. I have been to enough open track days but never anything official. It would be a real shame to show up to my first real race and never make it past inspection so any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
like my father would say..... "Son, money talks, bull$hit walks"

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Just pick up a offroad H and swap them out. I don't have any emissions testing here so no ****s are given for me.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
I love my 10 series they are great and a couple other guys on Here will say the same thing lol if your looking for that classical deep rumble they are the way to Go

http://youtu.be/YT66m7XTNBM

Here is a quick drive by vid for you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts