Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I got myself a problem. Gas tank was leaking around the rubber grommet So......... I am in the middle of changing it out. Didn't need to drop the tank to get the Filler Neck out, Had enough clearance. Well the Rubber Grommet was only on the outer side of the filler tube. I'm thinking the inner half must be down in the tank??? I'm not sure if it's been there for a while or if it just now came loose??? The outer half doesn't look like it's been freshly ripped apart from the inner half. I don't know if it will hurt anything if I leave it in the tank???
If it will...How can I get it out??? I tried the Dangerous...Fishing it out with a coat hanger but couldn't even feel it anywhere. Any suggestions on how to get it out? Will it cause problems to leave it in???
Thx Gearheads!!!

·
Banned
776 Posts
It's not ideal to leave it in there but I couldn't see it being able to plug the pump or anything. Get it back together for the hoa to stay off your back but make some time to drop the tank to fish it out of there.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Yeah..........I was running out of time so I pulled the tank & tipped it on it's side & there it was. Came right out. Too late to put it together tonight so guess I'll have to pay the fine to HOA if I get caught.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Easy Way Out

Yeah....I was trying to take the easy way out & not have to drop the tank.
Too bad the Grommet didn't stay in one piece. Would've had it all back together hours ago. Oh well......There goes Sunday Morning.....lol !!!
Sure glad I got the piece out though. I wasn't comfortable leaving it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts