Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way possible of upgrading your gas tank size? (strictly so i dont feel like i live at the gas station lol)
I think it would be a good thing to have as an upgrade option seeing as those of us w/ the coyote 5.0 probably all get not so great mileage, and those w/ it supercharged probably get worse. Just something i thought would be worth looking into.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been saying the same thing! I wish there was a big tank option. Cause going from my F-150 with a 35 gallon tank to this little 16 gallon tank is tough!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ditto. That's the one thing I wish was different on this car. I went from an A4, on which I would average 400 miles per tank, to now getting just over 200 miles per tank. The A4 was a 17 gallon tank.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The real question there is, which is more fun to drive? lol
Exactly! I don't mind the mpg, I just wish the tank was larger.

The A4 had a few things done to it, but it still wouldn't stand up to the 5.0.

I haven't really had a chance to drive the mustang yet. I bought it brand new, so I took it easy for the time I drove it. Then I went out of town for 3 weeks. Getting back in next week, looking forward to it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well there are a few options:

Buy a race tank that will add a few gallons and put it in your trunk.
(sacrificing trunk space which isn't much to begin with)

Build one that fits in where your spare tire is.
(no more spare tire)

You could take a measurement of how much room you have where you could fit a bigger tank, find one in a junkyard that is close to the size and shape needed, then adjust the tank (cutting/welding, bending the shape) so it fits perfectly.

There are options but they will take some work. I was thinking about retrofitting a bigger tank in the future. But it's too much work right now. I'm still working on bolt ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts