Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm tired of filling up every 3 days. My car goes like 220-250 miles a tank. Maybe 275 with a bit of slow driving. I wanted to know if I can buy a bigger gas tank. I I've been searching and I can't find any. Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Don't know of any available

·
Registered
103 Posts
tc x 4 said:
Some ppl are having trouble getting the tank to fill all the way.
+1
I get about 270 with all city driving, so best advice would be a lil less gas pedal on your commute lol

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep, lighten that right foot. I'm getting close to 300 on most tanks. I seriously doubt you will find any aftermarket tanks other than a fuel cell (requiring major surgery in the trunk)--the stock tank is pretty well shoehorned in where it is.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have lead foot :p If the road ahead of me is clear, then you'd better believe I'll take advantage of it. Takes its toll on my gas, though, but I knew the consequences when I first bought the car. It does balance out, though, because work is only three miles from home.

I do notice that every time I fill him up, I always seem to use 11-12 gallons out of the total 16. I just do what the fuel warning light says.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, just ease up on the gas, and coast whenever you can. Cruise control can make a difference, too, if you're ever able to squeeze it in.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yeah, just ease up on the gas, and coast whenever you can. Cruise control can make a difference, too, if you're ever able to squeeze it in.
Cruise control! When driving to work with mild traffic, I get to the speed I am planning on going and set the cruise control. The fact too that I can slow the car and speed the car up just with the buttons on the steering wheel is nice too as it doesn't lead foot the pedal to speed the car up haha.

currently sitting about 19.7 MPG from 18 MPG just by doing this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I always use cruise control whenever I'm driving really late at night, when there are barely any cars around. Other times, I'll try to squeeze it in during light traffic. Not only is it economical; it's relaxing, too lol! I laugh at the Priuses and Camrys who speed up, and think they've truly overtaken me.

Of course, once the speed limit increases, and the road ahead is clear, that's when I get back into race mode :)

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

currently sitting about 19.7 MPG from 18 MPG just by doing this.
My best mpg is in the 19 range as well. We should be proud lol

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Dcobra31 said:
I always use cruise control whenever I'm driving really late at night, when there are barely any cars around. Other times, I'll try to squeeze it in during light traffic. Not only is it economical; it's relaxing, too lol! I laugh at the Priuses and Camrys who speed up, and think they've truly overtaken me.

Of course, once the speed limit increases, and the road ahead is clear, that's when I get back into race mode :)

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

My best mpg is in the 19 range as well. We should be proud lol
Well I am proud because my mother bragged about her minivan getting 18-20 when she got it in 2004, and my dad bought my 2007 tundra from me that is at 14.7 average.

I have the most powerful car in the family and almost the best MPG.

:)

I have friends driving beat up older camerys and accords and what not who are proud to get around 20. They hate seeing what I get.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The first week I got the car I was driving like a grandma and got 400 to the tank with 14 gallons and then after that it was like 18-20mpg lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I am proud because my mother bragged about her minivan getting 18-20 when she got it in 2004, and my dad bought my 2007 tundra from me that is at 14.7 average.

I have the most powerful car in the family and almost the best MPG.

:)

I have friends driving beat up older camerys and accords and what not who are proud to get around 20. They hate seeing what I get.
Haha I have the most powerful car in the family, too, and the second girl to learn how to drive a manual. (My aunt beat me to it.) My dad in his Accord probably averages around twenty or so. Same for my mom's Mazda MPV. My brother's Genesis Coupe is probably the most economical, though. He averages 25 or 26, and has gone up to 30 a few times.

Of course, nothing beats my cousin's Triumph 675R, which is in fact a sport bike. lol Averages 30-35 mpg on that thing.

The first week I got the car I was driving like a grandma and got 400 to the tank with 14 gallons and then after that it was like 18-20mpg lol
lol I don't think I've ever driven my car like a grandma. I don't know about where you live, but in VA, the grandmas are a little crazy on the road :/ A fair amount of them nearly hit me. But anyway, for all the power the Mustang has, I don't think 18-20mpg is that bad :) I like to think that all fun things have their consequences.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Dcobra31 said:
Haha I have the most powerful car in the family, too, and the second girl to learn how to drive a manual. (My aunt beat me to it.) My dad in his Accord probably averages around twenty or so. Same for my mom's Mazda MPV. My brother's Genesis Coupe is probably the most economical, though. He averages 25 or 26, and has gone up to 30 a few times.

Of course, nothing beats my cousin's Triumph 675R, which is in fact a sport bike. lol Averages 30-35 mpg on that thing.

lol I don't think I've ever driven my car like a grandma. I don't know about where you live, but in VA, the grandmas are a little crazy on the road :/ A fair amount of them nearly hit me. But anyway, for all the power the Mustang has, I don't think 18-20mpg is that bad :) I like to think that all fun things have their consequences.
Good for you learning to drive a manual! I learned on a much less angry 350Z. I think learning on the mustang would have been crazy. Two much gas, letting out the clutch to fast without meaning too and tearing off the line when only trying to go slow.

Haha. I have stalled this car a few times though. Always embarrassed when I do.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good for you learning to drive a manual! I learned on a much less angry 350Z. I think learning on the mustang would have been crazy. Two much gas, letting out the clutch to fast without meaning too and tearing off the line when only trying to go slow.

Haha. I have stalled this car a few times though. Always embarrassed when I do.
lol I learned on my cousin's Mazda 3, and then once I got used to that, he let me drive his 370z. The Mustang came after that, but at the time, I was still a bit of a beginner. I didn't do anything to hurt the car, though :) In some ways, learning on the Mustang seemed easier for me because it has so much torque that it practically moves on its own. Had to practice on those hills, though :/

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dcobra31 said:
lol I learned on my cousin's Mazda 3, and then once I got used to that, he let me drive his 370z. The Mustang came after that, but at the time, I was still a bit of a beginner. I didn't do anything to hurt the car, though :) In some ways, learning on the Mustang seemed easier for me because it has so much torque that it practically moves on its own. Had to practice on those hills, though :/
Yea I learned on Civic Si, it was a bit tricky cuz there's no torque whatsoever and it only moves in the high rpms. The Mustang I found easy to drive cuz of the power in each gear. You can put it any gear at anytime it just pulls.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts