Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 gt with all stock. Do I need a tune to use premium gas or can I just use premium without it. Is it good for the engine or not? Will it give me better mpg? Please someone help me!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
No need for a tune, unless its required you can run any octane, but as fir mpg its all the same, just different in the way they ignite if im correct but all me has to say id 91+ :RTW: ×}

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
I have a 2006 gt with all stock. Do I need a tune to use premium gas or can I just use premium without it. Is it good for the engine or not? Will it give me better mpg? Please someone help me!
You don't need a tune to use premium. Any performance gains or mpg gains will be negligible over regular in a stock vehicle. It will not harm your motor if you want to use it.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Just use 87. Anything else on a stock car is a waste of money. There will be absolutely no advantage in running higher octane fuel. You'll just be buying more fat Arab bastards lobster dinners.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Just use 87. Anything else on a stock car is a waste of money. There will be absolutely no advantage in running higher octane fuel. You'll just be buying more fat Arab bastards lobster dinners.
Can they eat shell fish?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
OP,

As the these guys said, there's really not much point to running 93 octane on your stock '06 GT. There's actually more BTU's in 87octane than 93, so in theory- with the same amount of timing, you'll get better gas mileage on 87 too.

That being said, you should definitely look into an aftermarket tuner. You'll see a huge difference in performance and a small increase in mpg, too. Bama can tune for 93 or 87octane if you want to keep running that fuel.

Let me know if you're interested in more info about our Bama SF3 tuners!

Shane

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
muscledom said:
Where did you hear that? A Honda civic meet?
Ja, +1

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP,

As the these guys said, there's really not much point to running 93 octane on your stock '06 GT. There's actually more BTU's in 87octane than 93, so in theory- with the same amount of timing, you'll get better gas mileage on 87 too.

That being said, you should definitely look into an aftermarket tuner. You'll see a huge difference in performance and a small increase in mpg, too. Bama can tune for 93 or 87octane if you want to keep running that fuel.

Let me know if you're interested in more info about our Bama SF3 tuners!

Shane
I definitely am going to get one I just need a couple of more bucks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts