Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm replacing my valve cover gaskets and will also have to replace up intake gasket. I'm wondering if to use the rubber and metal valve cover gaskets or just the all rubber gasket? They make two different's at late model restoration. Or are the good old cork gaskets good? My car sits a lot and feel the cork gaskets aren't the way to go for that reason. Also what kind of gasket you prefer for rear main seals on the motor

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So I'm replacing my valve cover gaskets and will also have to replace up intake gasket. I'm wondering if to use the rubber and metal valve cover gaskets or just the all rubber gasket? They make two different's at late model restoration. Or are the good old cork gaskets good? My car sits a lot and feel the cork gaskets aren't the way to go for that reason. Also what kind of gasket you prefer for rear main seals on the motor
The rubber with a metal core are the best. The metal keeps them from squirting out from under the cover like plain rubber gaskets tend to do.
The rear main seal is just a metal ring with a rubber wiper/seal in it. Not a lot of choices there other than manufacturer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trojan Horse said:
The rubber with a metal core are the best. The metal keeps them from squirting out from under the cover like plain rubber gaskets tend to do.
The rear main seal is just a metal ring with a rubber wiper/seal in it. Not a lot of choices there other than manufacturer.
Thanks Trojan. Figured it was because it was the more expensive one haha.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
james90LX said:
rockauto.com sells the nice FELPRO rubber/metal gaskets cheap
Okay I'll check it out tomorrow when I get to work. Why are they cheaper? Seems to good to be true?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sybesma07 said:
Felpro and use copper paint spray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts