Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can you hard wire gauges on a mustang. like have them turn on right when you pull the headlight knob (like stock) that way you dont have to run a separate switch just for the gauges.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had it set up with a switch because it has four wires. two for the switch. and one for +
and one for -

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
i take the wire for the light in the gauge and splice it into the wire for a light in the dash or A/C panel (which ever is closest).

·
Registered
292 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
Yeah, you just splice the gauges into the parking wire (brown for me) in the overly complicated headlight wiring assembly.
Ditto :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should still be able to wire it into your headlight switch. Just meter out which wire is hot when lights are on and cold when lights are off (I still think its the Brown wire in the center of the harness on the back of the light dimmer switch).

The other (black wire) should be connected to a solid ground.

Of course - check your instructions on the wiring :D

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RDS02Stang said:
You should still be able to wire it into your headlight switch. Just meter out which wire is hot when lights are on and cold when lights are off (I still think its the Brown wire in the center of the harness on the back of the light dimmer switch).

The other (black wire) should be connected to a solid ground.

Of course - check your instructions on the wiring :D
yeah i have my main power supply from my head light switch. but i found out that the switch that comes with the gauges has to be put on because of some type of diode or capacitor in there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts