Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got theparts for a gear change on my 2013 V6 Automatic (2.71 to 3.55).
Now I need atuner and the installation. Should I request the 3 Bama tunes be written forthe new ratio? That way I’llhave the tuner in hand when the new gears are installed. Good plan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
wfpostle said:
I’ve got theparts for a gear change on my 2013 V6 Automatic (2.71 to 3.55).
Now I need atuner and the installation. Should I request the 3 Bama tunes be written forthe new ratio? That way I’llhave the tuner in hand when the new gears are installed. Good plan?
You have tunes for life though AM so I would get some custom tunes for the new gears but I would also get a good CAI! And maybe full exhaust
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
You have tunes for life though AM so I would get some custom tunes for the new gears but I would also get a good CAI! And maybe full exhaust
When you get a different gear ratio and driveshaft and if you let the ford dealer install it. Would you have to get a tune?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
layton said:
When you get a different gear ratio and driveshaft and if you let the ford dealer install it. Would you have to get a tune?
I wouldn't recommend ford for the install for two reasons, 1. They take forever and cost way more than it should, 2. They will mark down ur warranty as void right on the spot once installed. I would recommend getting both installed at a good shop, that way if anything happens to ur stang u can put back ur stock parts and they won't know u switched them. Also if you use a tuner they can see that the cars ECU was tampered with. Whenever u go to ford return the car to stock and tell them ur Codes were cleared by autozone. For the gears and drive shaft I think you do have to get a tune or your check engine light will come up!
 

·
AmericanMuscle.com
Joined
·
2,878 Posts
I’ve got theparts for a gear change on my 2013 V6 Automatic (2.71 to 3.55).
Now I need atuner and the installation. Should I request the 3 Bama tunes be written forthe new ratio? That way I’llhave the tuner in hand when the new gears are installed. Good plan?
wfpostle,

Great choice! 3.55's in your 13' V6 will make a huge difference in acceleration and torque.

As far as the tunes go, we can do what ever is easier for you. If you'd like the tunes set up for your new gear ratio now we can definitely do that or if you'd like them set of up for 2.73's until you get the new gears in we can do that as well! Either way, just let us know and we'll get you squared away.

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764.

-Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
I wouldn't recommend ford for the install for two reasons, 1. They take forever and cost way more than it should, 2. They will mark down ur warranty as void right on the spot once installed. I would recommend getting both installed at a good shop, that way if anything happens to ur stang u can put back ur stock parts and they won't know u switched them. Also if you use a tuner they can see that the cars ECU was tampered with. Whenever u go to ford return the car to stock and tell them ur Codes were cleared by autozone. For the gears and drive shaft I think you do have to get a tune or your check engine light will come up!
Thanks. I will prolly just wait for the 2014 mustangs to come out they are suppose to be very good. 50th year anniversary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,824 Posts
layton said:
Thanks. I will prolly just wait for the 2014 mustangs to come out they are suppose to be very good. 50th year anniversary
No problem just trying to help, I am also waiting for the new mustang but the new one won't be till 2015 unless u want the 2013 style?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top