Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i bought this 99 and i think it might have gears in it but im not sure which ones i have... i went past a construction speed thing and my speedo reads 10 mph faster then that sign does... any ideas what gears i have if my speedo is ten mph off and can i get the speedo fixed

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
sam minnick said:
Ok so i bought this 99 and i think it might have gears in it but im not sure which ones i have... i went past a construction speed thing and my speedo reads 10 mph faster then that sign does... any ideas what gears i have if my speedo is ten mph off and can i get the speedo fixed
Yeaaa i think am has a speedo recalibration tool on there check it out or pm one of the guys on here there always helpfull

·
Registered
483 Posts
Jack your car up, mark you driveshaft. Rotate your wheels one time. Count how many times your driveshaft rotates per one turn of the wheels. If it rotates 4.1 times you have 4.10 gears. 3.7=3.73 etc. you can either get a speedo recalibration box which wires into the tranny (about $80), or a tuner (about $400). I would suggest the tuner. Much better for future mods.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There 245 45 17

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

I am going slower then my speedo reads by like ten mph or so

·
Registered
483 Posts
sam minnick said:
There 245 45 17

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

I am going slower then my speedo reads by like ten mph or so
When I had my 4.10s installed I was off by 10mph. You will be spinning higher rpm but traveling slower with steeper gears.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
When I had my 4.10s installed I was off by 10mph. You will be spinning higher rpm but traveling slower with steeper gears.
But only spinning higher RPM to the tune of maybe 400rpm versus stock 3.27. it doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car runs real good so i don't doubt that i have gears im just not sure which ones.. one day this week im going to jack it up and spin the tires to figure it out and i have control arms to put on it too

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i jacked the car up spun the tires and figured out i have 4.10 gears thus is the first time i got under the car and realized i have lowering springs and the upper and lower control arms are already done too im happy with these finds today

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
So i jacked the car up spun the tires and figured out i have 4.10 gears thus is the first time i got under the car and realized i have lowering springs and the upper and lower control arms are already done too im happy with these finds today
Good deal!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts