Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on AM now looking to buy 4.10s. I noticed they have an install kit and an install/bearing kit. Which one is needed/recommended?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How many miles are on your car? If you want to replace the bearings then get the bearing kit. The kit for 109 is everything to do including axle bearings and the whole nine yards. I would safely say if your car has over 90K miles replace the bearings because you are going to be in there anyway.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
151k not sure what size gears are in it now. Thanks for the info!
Def buy the bearing kit thats 109, with that many miles I would do a bearing replacement. If stock gears they are either 3:27 or somewhere in there it will tell you somtimes on the driver side door label or rear end.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would suggest the kit no matter how many miles are on your car... makes the install easier, and besides, you'll need all new shims anyways.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
talk to who ever is installing the gears (look around get someone that does good quality and is highly recommended) see what they recommend you get.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Pep boys sell ford racing performance parts, but when it comes to diff kits, almost any kit will do. Got mine from pep boys. They sell FR parts too. Then the sent me 2 gift certs. Good deal. Gears need to be FRthough.

·
Registered
681 Posts
98vertgt said:
Before I had my gears changed out in my 98 they were 2.73s so you could have those if they're stock
Really? Mine were 3:27s. Boys were scratching their heads. I kept them. Same as 95 cobra Rs.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
LAS97GT said:
Really? Mine were 3:27s. Boys were scratching their heads. I kept them. Same as 95 cobra Rs.
2.73's were standard on 5spds until 99' when 3.27 became standard. My 95 has 3.27's which were optional.

·
Registered
681 Posts
deadsp0t said:
2.73's were standard on 5spds until 99' when 3.27 became standard. My 95 has 3.27's which were optional.
Hey DS, thanks. Was wondering.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

deadsp0t said:
Hmm, my Stang's first owner was a big spender.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

southernstang00 said:
Same here but its a cobra though so maybe that's different cuz the svt manual even says it.
Good deal. I kept mine. I dang near wanna reinstall them over 3:73s.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts