Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a road trip this past sat as i was close to home i noticed noise comming from the differential rumbling in decel and just driving also slight gear whine put a one piece driveshaft on a week before that prior to the trip eveything sounded good .Im thinking the pinion bearing went bad i checked the driveshaft and everything is tight ,,Any else have pinion bearings go bad? i had 3.55s installed this spring ford racing with full install kit also .

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that if your car isnt lowered you don't have to adjust the ,i might be wrong on that if so i will check that out as well it's going to the garage Mon

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Anytime you swap driveline components....driveshaft....especially from a 2 piece to a single piece....or rearend components....even if you are not dropped....you should always check to make sure the pinion angle and transmission shaft angle are within specs....granted the transmission angle is pretty much set in place and hard to change.
Now with that said the 1 piece driveshaft will translate a lot more noise than the old 2 piece so maybe this condition has been going on for sometime without your notice...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That very well could be i had it back to the guy who did the install a couple of months ago cause they were making that rumbling noise he did some adjusting and they were much better but after we made a road trip with the car last weekend the noise got worse closer to home we got so i suspect something went bearing or something but i'll see Mon...Thanks for your feedback i'll post when i find out what the deal with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts