Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 04 v6. I do about 20 min highway driving average a day. What gears would be best I know 3.73 are best but how bad would that affect my mpg. Oh and I also have a 8.8 rear end :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay 3.73 it's and the T-lok I know ford racing has a 28 spine and 31 spine but its says if I get the 31 spine for my 8.8 I would have to upgrade to 31 spine axles is that true???

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Okay 3.73 it's and the T-lok I know ford racing has a 28 spine and 31 spine but its says if I get the 31 spine for my 8.8 I would have to upgrade to 31 spine axles is that true???
Yes if you upgrade differentials you can't put 28 spline axles into a 31 spline differential lol..

The factory gt 8.8 is just 28 spline

For just a gear swap you don't have to bother with the diff, if you notice the rear end doesn't lock up completely like it should, then look into getting a new clutch pack for it

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
3.55 vs 3.73 are so close just go with 3.73, for a DD if you have exhaust it will drone more (higher rpm at the same speed) but not that bad overall (to me at least)

gain about 1 mpg city and lose about 2 mpg highway. Stock is 3.27 so it wont be a huge change in accel regadless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts