Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for 4.10 gears and tlok what can u do to correct the speedo besides a chip? the cheapest way??(on a 99+)

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
do you have a 5 speed or auto? dallasmustang.com has a speedcal that works on some years

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you have a 99+ 5 spd you can correct it for 85$ + shipping (speedcal). i recommend it because you can change tire sizes and rear gears any number of times and recalibrate it again and again. chips are expensive and not needed on stockish cars. www.brothersperformance.com :headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If people have speedcals we need feedback. There has been a lot of negative talk about these but have actually found many people who have tried them.

lets have real data so we can get a true and honest appraisal of the speedcal

·
Registered
941 Posts
what 'data' do you need or want? i have one, and it works fine. what more is there to say? it didn't take that long to install and i did it in a parking lot w/o jack stands.

???

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I have a dallas speedcal and have had it for 2 years~ the ONLY issues i have had is the little splicer thing that cmoes with the kit that you use to connect the all time power from the speed cal to yoru cig lighter all time power sucks... and it came lose and this makes the speedcal not work aka no speedo, no odometer, an the decay idle rate on 99 up is non existant lol rpms just fall super fast :) but a sodering iron fixed it, its worked great otehr than that and the calibration is right on the money.

·
Registered
941 Posts
this decay idle rate you speak of... are you talking about going 50mph and then braking and stopping and putting it in neutral, and then waiting for the rpms to drop? i think i'd rather mine go down faster actually.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
when you take off in your car and push in the clutch the rpms hang and then drop slowly, when the decay idle rate is not in effect the rpms drop suPER FAST and i mean like a rock.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
what 'data' do you need or want? i have one, and it works fine. what more is there to say? it didn't take that long to install and i did it in a parking lot w/o jack stands.

???

But you dont count your from Texas

JK :D :D It would be nice to have a few more people for comparision

·
Registered
301 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
Danger Dude said:
But you dont count your from Texas
wanna mess with texas, or go back to high school and learn grammar and spelling? :wtf:
Ladies and gentlemen, if you write a post to correct a person's grammar, please write the post with correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization.

I.E:
V6PowerStang should have said:
Do you want to mess with Texas, or go back to high school and learn grammar and spelling?
I would even accept "wanna" as a quaint colloquialism, if it was capitalized.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts