Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone regret getting 4.10 gears instead if 3.73s? Or regret getting 3.73s instead if 4.10s. If so why? I have a 2000 gt vert 5 speed. Let me know thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Don't fear the gear.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I took the plunge to 4.10 and never looked back.
Honestly, yeah you'll lose mpg, but screw that noise. We drive a v8 pony car, not a Prius.
I dropped to low 20s highway and low to mid teens city mpg. Just run a gear high around town and you'll be fine.
My speedo read 8 high, so you'll need it tuned ASAP.
Do it!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Get the 4.10's that's what I have and just are great you feel the power so quickly, I ran a 13.2 with other mods a month or so ago 02 gt

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have 3.73 but there not in yet I'm really looking forward to them , I got 3.73 because anything higher I wouldn't be able to drive on the highway :(

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
When I bought my ride, it already had 3.73s. 4.10's would be awesome, but after having my ride now for 9 months, I think I would have been happy with the stock 3.55s.

·
Registered
292 Posts
TXstang125 said:
I have 3.73 but there not in yet I'm really looking forward to them , I got 3.73 because anything higher I wouldn't be able to drive on the highway :(
With 4.10's 70mph=around 2500rpm. Not that bad....for me anyways.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Gear ratio charts are available for any setup on this web page. Just select your tranny and gear and read the graph.
To get to the graph: click calculators (on the sidebar) > how fast/each gear(7k) > input car specs in drop down lists.
http://www.paladinmicro.com/pmicro.php#

Disclaimer: Due to several inquiries, this is NOT my web page and I do not claim any ownership or cooperation with the page. It is simply a reference chart I use for gear ratios and explaining to people exactly what they will get with a certain gear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My plan now is to put a sc on it. But if plans change in the future I my regret not goin 4.10s. Is there anybody who has had both and recorded times to see I the diff is that big of a deal? I'm not tryin to be a baby about this but I want to get good facts before I make a decision.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got 3.73 haven't gotten to the track since the install. Just cruising the streets is fun but I'm curious to see how much more fun and torque 4.10 would've been!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here in the flatlands of Florida I regret not sticking with the 3.27:1 stock gears. I installed 3.73s just after getting the car in late 2006, and then retuned and made minor tweaks that got me up to 262/305 rwHP/torque.

With the lime rock aggregate roads, that wear smooth as glass and the added HP, 1st gear is useless--over before it started. When the tranny gives up I am going with a 2.87:1 1st gear (as opposed to the stock 3650 3.38:1) to fix that and tighten up the 1-2 shift...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts