Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about my next mod on my 2004 v6, and i was looking at the motive 3.73 gears. Anyone have these? how much did it cost you if you got them installed by a shop? do you need anything extra? What if the car has over 100k miles? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Just by the whole kit from am it will come with everything you need and install will vary place from place never had any installed before so can't help you with the price but these 3.73 will for sure wake up the stang good mod choice

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
gears are kind of hard to install right so you have to get someone that KNOWS what they are doing. Install can run 200-800 just depending on what shop does it. Pay for a good quality job with warranty vs a cheaper job as you will end up having to do it over again usually.

Only use NEW parts and get a Tlok at the same time vs open diff carrier (same work may as well!)

some gear brands whine more than others also!

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gears are kind of hard to install right so you have to get someone that KNOWS what they are doing. Install can run 200-800 just depending on what shop does it. Pay for a good quality job with warranty vs a cheaper job as you will end up having to do it over again usually.

Only use NEW parts and get a Tlok at the same time vs open diff carrier (same work may as well!)

some gear brands whine more than others also!
if i had the money for a lsd i would but i don't want to put to much money into the car as i am only 16 and will be letting the car go soon.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if you plan to let the car go then i wouldn't spend another dime on mods..i'd bank that cash for the next car

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you plan to let the car go then i wouldn't spend another dime on mods..i'd bank that cash for the next car
cars going in a year or so.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I got a used LSD from eBay for 80 dollars and it works fine I installed it myself.
nice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts