Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
If you are talking about brands then Ford Racing is the general consensus. For actual gears read the thread in the stickies section of this forum about 4.10s. It's got some good info on them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It depends on what your plans for the car are. If you want a turbo setup later on stay stock or get 3.55. If you're going with a blower then 3.73. The only way is do 4.10s is an auto or if you never plan to run any type of power adder

·
Registered
555 Posts
Gear choice comes down to a combination of factors. Vehicle purpose is one of the most important factors. What will you be doing with the car? Is it used as or going to be used as a corner carver? 1/4th mile car? 1/8th mile car? daily driver? texas mile? The rest of the determining factors are Camshafts/Poweradders/Tires/TransType/Suspension/Weight/Horsepower+Torque. If you can tell me what mods your car has and what you plan to use it for and what mods you plan on using in future I can tell you what gear will give you the results you are looking for.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've got a 2000 gt I bought off the showroom floor. It has 1850000 miles on it and it is all stock. It also an auto. Would 3.73 gears be ok for mine? I will use it as a daily driver and on the interstate as well so I don't need to be at 4500 rpm at 70. But all I plan to mod is the gears and tuner combo from am.

·
Registered
555 Posts
4.10's are easily your best acceleration option for your application. However 3.73's will definatly give you a lower highway rpm and will give you better mpg and still allow great acceleration that will be a huge difference over stock for the money invested. Also for the same money I would advise going with a lightweight driveshaft instead of your tuner. The driveshaft will increase your performance just as well and at the same time improve mpg while maintaining the safe factory tune on your high miles engine.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
4.10's are easily your best acceleration option for your application. However 3.73's will definatly give you a lower highway rpm and will give you better mpg and still allow great acceleration that will be a huge difference over stock for the money invested. Also for the same money I would advise going with a lightweight driveshaft instead of your tuner. The driveshaft will increase your performance just as well and at the same time improve mpg while maintaining the safe factory tune on your high miles engine.
How would you correct your speedometer without a tuner?

·
Registered
555 Posts
4:10's are great for corner carving. They put 3rd and 4th gear closer together to allow for better acceleration and braking in the straight away and make you even faster by eliminating the need to downshift to second gear, unlike a longer gear would do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DieselStang said:
What driveshaft would u recommend?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Im not up to date on what driveshafts are comonly available for SN95's give me a bit of time to see what brands are available and Ill reply asap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts