Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have decided that I am going to purchase some gears for my 95' v6 auto Mustang. I have been reading around and it looks like I am going to need the 4.10's gears, and I was wondering what else I am going to need to get along with that. I know that I need to also purchase the t-lok, but I am unaware of what else I need to purchase. Once I know what I need to buy, I was wondering if any of you knew of a place where I can get both a cheap and reliable product. Thanks for your help.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
well you dont NEED a tlok, but you might as well put it in there while youve got your differential all torn apart. You pretty much need the gears/tlok at bare minimum, however youll want a chip to remove your speed limiter and raise your rev limiter as well. Other than that, id recommend a speedcal from dallas mustang to calibrate your speedo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is all of this going to put me in the hole, assuming I can get someone to install it. And what exactly is a speedcal, LoL.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Yes you can get a chip and a speedcal together. A chip for the 94-98 mustangs won't fix the speedo, you need to either use a speedo driven gear and/or a speedcal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so how much is all this going to cost me, LoL? Sounds like this is going to be alittle more complicated than I thought, maybe I should take it to a mechanic, and there isn't anything that needs to be done to the suspension or anything correct?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Get the speedcal. Dont waste your money on the speedogear. Speedcal gets your speedometer almost perfect.

And get the chip to unless you like going 70-80mpg lol

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Brent said:
And get the chip to unless you like going 70-80mpg lol
I wouldn't mind getting 70-80 mpg lol:lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LoL, too bad that was a typo, what's the deal with the speedometer being fucked up. I was just reading some of the other posts, after I get the chip and gears, it won't limit me to 90 mph will it?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
ItalianStallion said:
LoL, too bad that was a typo, what's the deal with the speedometer being fucked up. I was just reading some of the other posts, after I get the chip and gears, it won't limit me to 90 mph will it?
without a chip you cant go faster than around 70-80mpg depending on the gear you get.

The chip corrects this.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
The speedcal corects your speedometer so that it reads 50mph when you are going 50 mph. The chip just allows you to go faster than the speedlimiter on your stock computer.

Get what I am say?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Speedcal corrects your speedometer to read right

When you upgrade gears the computer limits your top speed

For Example.

When I swapped my 7.5 for a 8.8 with 4.10s I could not go faster than 73mph.

With my chip I can go as fast I can get my engine to go lol

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
ItalianStallion said:
Ok that has cleared things up alot thanks, and just for the record, whats the fastest you have gotten your car to go?
this current car 100. My odl car 115 then the speedlimiter hit. In case anyone with authority to write me a ticket reads this I'm just kidding :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts