Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys anyone have any ideas as to how to get the paint off interior plastics. the clown i bought the car off painted the small air vents and the sections around the radio and shifter silver and i think it looks a little cheesie. i would like to remove the paint or should i just find some from a wrecker. thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
sand em down.... but you will have to repaint.... you can use aircraft paint stripper but it might remove the plastic as well lol.... paint thinner may also cut it off.

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
I actually bought mine from someone, but they were professionally done. :) I could go get pics, but I think it's raining. I might later. They have a high gloss, and show reflections. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would lke to see the pcs when get the chance. mine were painted in what looks like one really heavy coat complet with runs.

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
I think your best bet is to probably shop around at some junkyards and look for some. The pieces will cost you quite a bit from ford, but I dunno how many Mustangs there are in Canada...?

I'll try to get some tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the help. i tryed to find some at the junkyard no luck.so i tryed to just repaint then 1st mistake paint all dryed and cracked i think it reacted with the silver paint some how so a few hours of sanding i managed to get both layers off but the sanding and scraping with the razor blade left the pieces in rough shape. I took dom advice and painted them white untill i can find new ones. thanks again for your help. :) :) :) here is the out come what do you think.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts