1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
For?

·
Registered
105 Posts
go to a credit union. they offer the lowest interest rates usually, if you don't have good credit see if someone will co sign with you. should be good to go unless ur trying to buy a gt500 or something outrageous

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
go to a credit union. they offer the lowest interest rates usually, if you don't have good credit see if someone will co sign with you. should be good to go unless ur trying to buy a gt500 or something outrageous
No I just want a small loan maybe 8k..
But for the credit unions do you need to have money with them or how do they work

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Yea hit the local credit unions! They can check and see what you are wanting and they will be much more willing to work with you than the dealer.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I got my loan for my stang through a local credit union $0 down (not always a good idea) and 2% intrest :)

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Where as the dealer originally offered me $2,000 down at 8.5% intrest. I'm glad I called around

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
No I just want a small loan maybe 8k..
But for the credit unions do you need to have money with them or how do they work
Yes you open up a savings and buy shares in the CU only $5-10 on average plus you earn interest. Make sure they are part of the NCUA it's an accrediting body like the FDIC.

Also consider switching all your accounts over. You'll love the interest they pay you on your accounts. You can tell I really like my Credit Union.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm part of Ford's Credit Union here in Louisville ( mom worked for Ford plant ) and they've been nothing but good to me. +1 on finding a good credit union.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Go to any credit union there sometimes no money down the dealer was asking me to put down 2800 went to credit union they wrote me a check the next day and had my 07 gt

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
I like to get a few quotes and use them against each other. Dealerships are always eager to get financing business and will normally match a bank rate fairly quickly.

For example when I bought my focus (used) the first rate I was given was over 7%. I informed them usaa already approved me for 1.9%, they matched it instantly and I financed through the dealer.

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
if you have no credit or bad credit (basically the same thing) then you may have a hard time qualifying for a lower rate loan, if you run your credit to many times.... it hurts your score (heck every time you run it hurts it lol) so dont get everyone in town to run it.

or as said above some times dealerships have promotions that are really good.

Try credit unions they seem to have lower rates generally speaking.

·
Premium Member
19,559 Posts
SpectorV said:
if you have no credit or bad credit (basically the same thing) then you may have a hard time qualifying for a lower rate loan, if you run your credit to many times.... it hurts your score (heck every time you run it hurts it lol) so dont get everyone in town to run it.

or as said above some times dealerships have promotions that are really good.

Try credit unions they seem to have lower rates generally speaking.
Not true. Having it run by several places in a 7 day period is treated as one inquery.

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would it work if I have a loan with a bank.. say Im paying 5k to the bank with a 8% interest.. and I go to a credit union and ask for 5k to pay off a loan?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Well what exactly are you trying to do? Do you already have a loan and are trying to get a better rate? Or do you not have a loan and want a new one? Do you have established credit?

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well what exactly are you trying to do? Do you already have a loan and are trying to get a better rate? Or do you not have a loan and want a new one? Do you have established credit?
Yes that's what I'm trying to do refinance

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Would it work if I have a loan with a bank.. say Im paying 5k to the bank with a 8% interest.. and I go to a credit union and ask for 5k to pay off a loan?
Yes! That's what I did! And I haven't been happier! I loved telling BOA to FOF and take a hike they made me really MAD! Over $15!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Anyone that knows me will tell you it takes a lot for me to get Angry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts