Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to negotiate my way into the car I've wanted for the last 10 years! When I graduated high school, I bought a 2000 V6. I promptly got too many tix and wrecked it. Had to get rid of it and get something that I wouldn't get into trouble in. Always swore that one day I'd find a GT just like it. Well, the day has come! I found one just like I've been looking for. Trying to get it bought right. I'm a little concerned because it has 124,000 miles, but the guy sounds like he took good care of it. Anything I need to keep an eye on? Planning on checking it out in person this weekend! Hopefully I'll once again be a proud owner!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm trying to negotiate my way into the car I've wanted for the last 10 years! When I graduated high school, I bought a 2000 V6. I promptly got too many tix and wrecked it. Had to get rid of it and get something that I wouldn't get into trouble in. Always swore that one day I'd find a GT just like it. Well, the day has come! I found one just like I've been looking for. Trying to get it bought right. I'm a little concerned because it has 124,000 miles, but the guy sounds like he took good care of it. Anything I need to keep an eye on? Planning on checking it out in person this weekend! Hopefully I'll once again be a proud owner!
Mine had 138xxx when I bought it only bad was clutch a small dent and paint chips

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
If you got in alot of trouble with tickets in a 2000 v6, boy, you are in for a REAL treat with a GT. lol. In all seriousness, as long as it's been taken care of, you should be fine. These cars run pretty strong with those kinds of mileage. Just do us a favor, and don't kill yourself in the thing. They're no joke. I too went from a 2000 v6 to an 02 GT. it's an entirely different animal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you got in alot of trouble with tickets in a 2000 v6, boy, you are in for a REAL treat with a GT. lol. In all seriousness, as long as it's been taken care of, you should be fine. These cars run pretty strong with those kinds of mileage. Just do us a favor, and don't kill yourself in the thing. They're no joke. I too went from a 2000 v6 to an 02 GT. it's an entirely different animal.
True that, drove some friends V6's and really wanted one, found a GT (even better) deffinetly was alot more than i thought it was gonna be first time i got on it haha.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Check the intake thoroughly to make sure there aren't any cracks, they are very prone to it. I'd also make sure the ABS works so jam on the brakes pretty hard a few times and see if it kicks on. You can also check to see if the clutch is slipping by putting it in a high gear and flooring it and see if the RPMs jump at all. I'd also ask if you can see it start up and run on a cold start - a warmed up engine can cover up a lot of issues that you would normally see on a cold motor/transmission.

But as long as the guy took care of it, mileage doesn't matter as much.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it! It's gonna need a little tlc, but should clean up nicely! I'll be sure to post picks as soon as it's all shined up and looking good! Any "must have" mods? Don't want to go crazy, but up for some new stuff on it to set it apart!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Cai, exhaust are two big ones for me. Then go with gears, tune. That will wake your car up big time

·
Registered
269 Posts
Cai, exhaust are two big ones for me. Then go with gears, tune. That will wake your car up big time
Enjoy handicap parking spots because they will be taking your arm and your leg.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Wrong thread -__-

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Wrong thread -__-
That's what I get for being a smart ass

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

Wrong thread -__-
Hahaha I was like what are you talking about. I did all mine under 1000 for all of that

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I was trying to reply to your thread about having ford replace your fuel pump. So just imagine I posted that in the right thread and we all had a good laugh and rode our unicorns home and everything was perfect ;(
Hahaha I know what you mean now. Yeah anything dealer is always stupidly expensive.. I just want it right again

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I've never paid more than $220 for a fuel pump replacement but recently when I saw how easy it was I don't think ill pay someone else to do it anymore
I have a NASCAR mechanic that does most of my work so I would probably tell him to get it right but I was figuring it was going to be close to 500

1 - 13 of 13 Posts