Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
OK here it is The front headlights have 2 post on the back of them that stick thru the headlight support assembly. looking down behind the headlight you will see the threaded post sticking thru and with black plastic adjusters at the base. if you look closely there are metal clips holding them in place you will be a pair of needle nose pliers to pull off the clips and the headlight will fall out

Attachments

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if it i just like the 02 then you will just have to take off like two little bars by pulling up and then the bulb is on the back of the head light threaded on, so you will have to twiast the buld assembly to the left.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just did this on my 96.

There are three points of connection between the headlight housing and the body. One of those three has a metal clip, the other two do not. For the one point with the metal clip you pull it off, pull straight up.

For the other two you have to compress the two plastic nubs that hold the plastic plug in place. I have used channel lock pliers and long needle nosed pliers to do this though I suspect a worm gear type hose clamp lightly tightened will do it too.

Good luck.

Steve

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Headlights and corners are on :cool: omg they look so sexy... pics to come when Nate gets his camera over here :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Very cool...me wants pics

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Ponycarman said:
I just did this on my 96.

There are three points of connection between the headlight housing and the body. One of those three has a metal clip, the other two do not. For the one point with the metal clip you pull it off, pull straight up.

For the other two you have to compress the two plastic nubs that hold the plastic plug in place. I have used channel lock pliers and long needle nosed pliers to do this though I suspect a worm gear type hose clamp lightly tightened will do it too.

Good luck.

Steve
i guess they are very different to 99+

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hmmm Corey...I recall you using like the back of a mallett and popping mine right out at the time we installed the front saleen facia onto me car...yes and thats why the one clip kinda went broke by accident by yourself! :lol:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Here is mine

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Here is your what???

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
KrazyPony said:
Hmmm Corey...I recall you using like the back of a mallett and popping mine right out at the time we installed the front saleen facia onto me car...yes and thats why the one clip kinda went broke by accident by yourself! :lol:
How would I get a mallet behind the headlamp and knock it out ?????

Now as I was installing the headlamp I pushed it in so I could install the clip and the post broke off!!!! I also fixed it didn't I HUMMMMM!!!!!!!!! That is also a caution to be careful if installing the ultra Clear headlights the stem is made of somewhat cheezy plastic !!!!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
lowflyn said:
Here is your what???
lol I forgot the link, its at my house not at school.

On the other side, where are pics Brent!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts