Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i highly recommend getting a posi if you get gears, otherwise you'll go through passenger side rear tires like you do oil changes.........

for gears, posi, fluid, bearing/install kit, and labor it runs about $700 on average...

·
Registered
47 Posts
^+1 on getting the posi at the same time. It will help with traction for those new gears. Have fun my 3.73 are what keep me ahead of the hondas lol :)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
How much y'all think gears will be to install? If I get this...
Motive Performance Plus 4.10 Gears (99-04 V6) F7.5-410 - Free Shipping!
You really have to shop around a lot for install rates. Most shops around where I live wanted $550-$650 just for labor, and then I found a shop about 60 miles away that would do it for $370 labor, same day install. Never had a problem or a noise outta my gears and that was around 5000 miles ago.

Parts, labor, trac-lok rebuild, bearings, all ran me around $700.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

You really have to shop around a lot for install rates. Most shops around where I live wanted $550-$650 just for labor, and then I found a shop about 60 miles away that would do it for $370 labor, same day install. Never had a problem or a noise outta my gears and that was around 5000 miles ago.

Parts, labor, trac-lok rebuild, bearings, all ran me around $700.
Oh, btw... If going from a stock gear to a 4.10 gear, the backlash will be messed up bad. Gonna have to get a new carrier which may take the shop a little bit of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts