Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got my mbrp catback on. just ordered bama fx4 with custom tunes, air raid cai, and Ford performance structure tower brace from American Muscle. any gotchas I should be worried about?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
You should be worried about the tune they provide and the loss of your powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know about the warranty, but what would be wrong with the tune?

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
I know about the warranty, but what would be wrong with the tune?

As of lately, nothing. They recently got new tuners and a lead calibrator, who actually know what they are doing. The new lead calibrator i actually knew prior to him working for them, and he does do a very good job.

Most info you are going to find are going to be a bit older and based on their history, which isn't the best.

·
Registered
192 Posts
As of lately, nothing. They recently got new tuners and a lead calibrator, who actually know what they are doing. The new lead calibrator i actually knew prior to him working for them, and he does do a very good job.

Most info you are going to find are going to be a bit older and based on their history, which isn't the best.
When did the new people for tuning come on board? I am unhappy with my current 93 octane race tune.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
After reading that, i don't really see much negative. I put my other post because i knew what would usually follow this type of thread is consistent bashing of Bama based on their past. I'm not claiming they are the absolute best tuner. I still have favorites (which are not Bama). But they no doubt are much better than the past, which based off his review is entirely apparent. He just happened to favor one.

There is no doubt they have a very dark past. But most people don't know that they have new people working there and will base opinions off the past alone.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,700 Posts
When did the new people for tuning come on board? I am unhappy with my current 93 octane race tune.
Luis got there a few months ago i believe. Then from then they started hiring new people and doing better training, so as time goes on it will be better i'm sure, once everything is more situated.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Personally, if I had a 5.0 VMP would be tunning it. My understanding VMP tunes are amazing especially for automatics

Sent from a non car enthusiast V6 mustang owner's cell phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts