Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I ordered my lower valance fog lights last night and was looking at new bulbs to put in there from the start, looking for something that comes close to the 4300k HIDs in the 13 mustangs. I came across the CREE LED lights, and was wondering about the light output if anyone has them, if not what are you guys running in your lower valance lights and if you have a pic please post it. Thanks a lot!

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I'm just running the stock bulbs. Be it that they are so low to the ground, I couldn't imagine they would offer much lighting no matter what bulbs you use.
I've used Cree Led's as my reverse lights of my F150. They are brighter then stock but not by much in my opinion.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that's the other thing I didn't think about, I was assuming since they are projector fogs, that they would project out somewhat....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed mine last Thursday, with these LEDS:
H11 LED Bulb - 28 LED Daytime Running Light | Daytime Running Lights | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

But one bulb burned out by Saturday night, so I was a little upset, returned the LED's and used the stock bulbs for now. They actually project further than the LED;s did, but have a yellow appearance to them because of the stock halogen bulb.

because of the LED design being more of a surround within the housing, I have decided to go with these:
H11: Single Beam: Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit: Quality Xenon HID Kits - HID Conversion Kit - FREE Shipping & Best Prices | HidKitXenonLights.com

I am ordering them on Monday, so I expect to have them on by Saturday.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I installed mine last Thursday, with these LEDS:
H11 LED Bulb - 28 LED Daytime Running Light | Daytime Running Lights | LED Car Bulbs | Super Bright LEDs

But one bulb burned out by Saturday night, so I was a little upset, returned the LED's and used the stock bulbs for now. They actually project further than the LED;s did, but have a yellow appearance to them because of the stock halogen bulb.

because of the LED design being more of a surround within the housing, I have decided to go with these:
H11: Single Beam: Full Xenon HID Conversion Kit: Quality Xenon HID Kits - HID Conversion Kit - FREE Shipping & Best Prices | HidKitXenonLights.com

I am ordering them on Monday, so I expect to have them on by Saturday.
Yea I tried the LED approach with my lower fogs and I was dissapointed... very poor light output, and looked bluish which I thought looked kinda silly. Put the factory halogens back in right away... Once u get the HIDs post pics here, I think I want to go that route, thinking about 4300k

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yea I tried the LED approach with my lower fogs and I was dissapointed... very poor light output, and looked bluish which I thought looked kinda silly. Put the factory halogens back in right away... Once u get the HIDs post pics here, I think I want to go that route, thinking about 4300k
Will do, I want to match the output of the LED daytime driving lights, so Im thinking of going with the 4300 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts