Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a nice 400 dollar insurance settlement for a few scraps on my bumper from some girl and instead of getting it fixed im just gonna touch it up and get me a 75 shot. So far NX seems to be the way to go but im having a hard time getting ahold of velocityperformance and i hear they have the best deals.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
i had NX. loved it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I want NX

·
Registered
29 Posts
Im about 1/2 way through installing the NX wet kit. Still need to run the electronics, but the plumbing is done.
dont count on spending $ on only the kit though. It comes with no safety stuff.

Im dropping in a window switch, fuel pressure regulator, and had to also add a dis-tach adapter, tank warmer, switch box panel, zip ties, all those kinds of goodies. Kit itself i got for $500, but i'll have spent closer to $800 on all the parts total - thats doing a self install.

Still, $800 for 75 HP isnt a bad deal.

·
Registered
917 Posts
the only thing you really need with the basic NX kit is a pressure gauge, bottle heater, zip ties (2$), maybe a new switch (3-5$), fpr. edit - oh, and add in a fuse as well, just a few bucks more.

i like the WOT switch, you don't have to get a window switch, they are just different ways to do it and it takes a while to learn on both.

i spent about 450 on the basic kit and 150 on extra, so 600.

hopefully i won't be needing the bottle anymore. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
i bought my kit for $300 used (dont ask where) and had everything the normal kit comes w/ then i bought a pressure guage, and bottle heater and 2 switches for activation and heater switch. that was another $150-175ish

the kit comes w/ the WOT switch, and then buy a pressure guage and a heater, and thats all you need for basics. then eventually get an FPSS, a window switch if youre a MANUAL. autos dont need them cause they dont drop below 3000 when they shift. and some other goodies if you want.

should be just like v6powerstang had. kit plus $150-175 for necessities, and youre good to go

181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im excited

·
Registered
161 Posts
MusclesFromBrussels said:
im excited
Me too man, youve been talking about it forever.. It will definitely be cool. I cant wait for you to get it on. :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
you order it yet steve?

181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still waiting on my settlement

1 - 12 of 12 Posts