Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm getting ready to start ordering more parts now that I'm going back to work in a few weeks as soon as I'm done with my schools. Anyways, I was looking at either getting the Boss Intake Manifold or the Cobra Jet Intake manifold. I know the boss im has shown impressive gains, but I'm unsure of the differences between the two when it comes to gains. I will rarely see RPM's up to 7750 Rpm, and not sure if its justifiable to shell out that kinda cash and still have to get a GT500 throttle body. Any ideas?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go with the boss IM. Like you said, the price isn't justifiable and you probably won't see RPMs that high.

·
The Blue Dragon
5,488 Posts
I'm not even sure anyone does tuning for the CJ intake yet anyways... And costs about 4 times as much as the boss intake when it's all said and done, and that's just in parts. Go with the boss intake and your car will scream past 4500 rpms

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
And if you plan on using your stock Airbox, i have a brand new boss intake tube I'll sell you for cheap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, either way I go, I'm sure I will be bringing it in to DiabloSport for tuning. I just have to let them know when I get the parts in. I'm sure there aren't many people who do this, but ultimately I want to build this car into something I can use in a cross country race like a gumball 3000..... Well see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts