Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my car with C springs a few months ago and im starting to get some rubbing with my 275s up front. Any way to mod the fenderwell to make it not rub? What did they do to the cobras to keep their 275s from rubbing upfront?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I did not realize they used 275 up front on a Cobra and even if they did they dont have a drop as low as yours All cobra's from the factory are 4X4's

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually man, the 03 and up cobras sit alot lower than the previous years. My drop is about 1'' even, pretty close to the new cobras actually. Thats why i wonder what they did to the fenders. :-?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They arent really low, but the csprigns didnt drop my car all that much. As best i can tell its about the same ride height. I checked to make sure, they do use 275/40/17s all around.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was rubbing with my 275's without a drop. In fact, I don't really notice any more rubbing than before now that I have a drop.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes I looked it up and you are right about the tires. I wonder why you car did not go as low as mine ????? I know all cars are different but not that much

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dunno man, its weird, its like they are still settling or something lol...And also the driver site sits about 1/8th-1/4'' lower than the pass side. Weird stuff. :rolleyes: :oops:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
UH oh, you were the one I was going by to figure I was alright going with 275/40s all the way around on my GT man, hmmm, now I don't know if I want to try to put 275s on the front or not....I don't know what the difference could be with the 03 Cobra really, I have still got to swap out my front springs yet, just waiting on some good weather for it. Going from my regular Eibachs to a pair of Eibach Cobra Rs I have.

·
Registered
574 Posts
With my 275s... I can get it to rub. If I crank the wheel really hard one way. Under normal driving conditions it does not rub. It doesn't even rub in U-turns usually. It's just like... If you are stopped and need to turn the wheel a lot to navigate around a car or something, you'll rub. It's no big deal. I've taken them off 4-5 times and the inside isn't wore at all. But you can see where it's a little more uh.. scratched up? Than the rest of the tire.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I wonder if the rubbing has anything to do with rim offset. Nee to see what the offset on a 03-04 rim is compared to yours.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know mine is a +24mm offset, im willing to bet the 03 rims compensate for it with a different offset. Your prolly right.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
More offset, and more backspace than the 95 cobra R rims, I know I just got a set...not that much difference though I think....

·
Registered
567 Posts
I only rub when I turn the wheel all the way to one side. I dont think anyone would ever do this while driving on a street. I usually rub when turning around in a parking lot or something.

Im not lowered either, but alls I rub on is the swaybar.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is gay, now i drive it today and it hardly does it at all. :rolleyes: Last night it was rubbing bad..today i dont even rub unless im at full lock. :-? :oops:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
did you have more weight in your car last night by chance? A rider maybe?

·
Registered
567 Posts
greenflash00 said:
This is gay, now i drive it today and it hardly does it at all. :rolleyes: Last night it was rubbing bad..today i dont even rub unless im at full lock. :-? :oops:
whats it rubbing on?

the inner-fenderwell? swaybar?

If its the fenderwell, maybe you wore out the section is was rubbing against.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dunno ill have to take a look tomorrow and see if i can tell where its rubbing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts