Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting them tinted (finally) on Thursday.......anything I should be wary of? I did verify that the guy warrants his work (I assume at least as long as he's in business). Suggestions please gentlemen :)

·
Banned
321 Posts
Aslong as he puts a warranty on his work, you wont have much to worry about.. Make sure you post pics when the tinting is done!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will... gotta brag when I get the opportunity

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
important stuff, make sure you DO NOT roll down the windows for at least a few days, but if he's slightly competent, he will tell you that. I did mine right before I went out of town so I didn't have to deal with it.

Another, what % are you getting? Most places do warranty their work, but only on legal percentages. Make sure that the % you get will have a warranty on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CRAP... that means I have to use my air conditioner. I usually just drive with the windows down. Luckily I'm leaving Friday in the "other" car for the weekend so I won't accidentally role them down... I'm getting them tinted as dark as legally possible. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
i should tint my windows, it gets hot in my car with the interior being black and all

*finds out the legal % in TN*

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
it's like 70% here :(... but I run 14% lol, SHHHHH, quiet, don't let anyone know. Actually, I'm legal right now... almost all the tint in my car was removed when it got fixed, and I have to put it back in

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeeeeouch!

Wearing shorts in my car is a VERY PAINFULL :eek: experience. I didn't really want the leather seats... just the V8 Manual.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I love my tint personally..eventhough it is just slightly illegal...but it makes the car sooo much cooler in those testy 90+ degree days around here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch!

lowflyn said:
I love my tint personally..eventhough it is just slightly illegal...but it makes the car sooo much cooler in those testy 90+ degree days around here.
It was up to 104* the other day... thought I was gonna melt. (Would have melted if I were sweet and made of sugar. :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
you mean ur not sweet and made of sugar, dammit, i knew my sources were wrong

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mislead

lowflyn said:
you mean ur not sweet and made of sugar, dammit, i knew my sources were wrong
LOL... the voices in your head lie. :p:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They're Done!

Got the windows tinted today. :D Hopefully it helps with the heat I definately like the way it looks. Not sure about the front windeshield though. :confused: I'll post pictures after work....Gotta wash it first. :eek::

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is a 6" or so strip across the top. Blocks the sun well where the visors don't but appearance wise I'm not sure about it.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Dragon_Lady said:
There is a 6" or so strip across the top. Blocks the sun well where the visors don't but appearance wise I'm not sure about it.
i was about to say what the hell were you thinking tinting tinting the whole winshield

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just told them tine everything they could as dark as legally possible. oh and they told me not to wash them with anything ammonia based. So windex is out of the question... what else is there? (I forgot to ask the guy...was on my lunch break to pick it up)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts