Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 40 of 160 Posts

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have two Grand Prix's with supercharged engines. ;)

Nick: Nowhere. It came from the depths of a pit in my skull called my imagination. Then I formulated it into an idea of what was feasible. I'm very mechanically inclined, this isn't my first rodeo.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'll do a write up later when I have to take it out, so you guys can see everything and I can actually catalog it and take a measurement on the length of the pipe.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Yes, the intake now makes a suck/whistle sound when you first get on the throttle or let off. It's almost like a small BOV sounds. Really neat, never heard one do that. At WOT above 3k the engine roars through it. Way louder in the cabin. I think I hear it over the stock exhaust now.

· Registered
908 Posts
Sanguin said:
The stock MAF is to the right of where the intake tube attaches to the intake box. All you can see is a little rectangle where it was, I removed it prior to this pic.

No codes so far and yes the adapter works. It's a 4" adapter but comes with 3.5" and 3" inserts to reduce the flow around the sensor. I went with 3" because it looks the closest to the factory size.
I can't see what your explaining but I do see the plug

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Short Vid of 1-2 Shift

Hope that works. It's a video I made right after I installed it, but later that night. Wedged my camera into the passenger headrest and took off down some backroads near the house. You can't here the whistle sound there though, windows were down as well.

· Registered
188 Posts
PumpkinLover said:
Please tell me when you do your exhaust they will be straight pipes no mufflers.
^^AMEN to that!! Need more people on the wagon for straight pipes :)

And I also thought "ghetto" would be a lot worse...this looks legit! Be sure to update us all with more pics as you make the other changes you have planned. Your mindset of saving money and doing any mechanical stuff you can yourself reminds me so much of my boyfriend. That's a great trait to have though, you can think outside the box!!

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yes, the adapter is a 9705 Spectre. However, they make another one that fits a bunch of vehicles and is 3" tubing. If you just want an intake and don't have plans to make it bigger, you can grab that for a nicer finished look (no necking down of the tubing) for $10 more. This adapter was $30 instead of $40, so I grabbed it... yeah, penny pinching.

I've always thought outside the box. Unfortunately most my ideas don't get created because I lack the tools needed or other means to create it.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.