Mustang Evolution Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I wouldn't call that a heat shield... it does nothing to prevent hot air at the top from circulating over the filter (hot air rises to the top of the hood). It's basically just functioning as an intake mounting contraption.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
I wouldn't call that a heat shield... it does nothing to prevent hot air at the top from circulating over the filter (hot air rises to the top of the hood). It's basically just functioning as an intake mounting contraption.
It still allows the cold air from grill to flow directly to the intake filter instead of it just blowing in everywhere but I do agree it doesn't have a rubber trim that seals the intake system like my airaid intake

· Registered
527 Posts
I now its not fully fuctional but it does help with heat rising from headers since the intake its right above it.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
It still allows the cold air from grill to flow directly to the intake filter instead of it just blowing in everywhere but I do agree it doesn't have a rubber trim that seals the intake system like my airaid intake
When you're moving 5mph or faster, the whole engine bay is filled with ambient temp air. So, it's really not a big issue at all.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.