Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a local guy that's advertising writing a ghost cam tune for my 4.6L 2010 GT with manual transmission. I have a Bama SCT/X3 hand-held tuner that I got from AM along with free tunes for life, and I thought I remembered the Bama representative telling me that a ghost tune on my car was not possible. My questions to you guys are 1.) Is my car compatible for a ghost cam tune and 2.) assuming he does the tune correct, am I running any risks of jacking something up? Maybe this is a straightforward tune and no big deal. Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
It's not possible to give a 3V engine a ghost tune, due to it being a single overhead cam engine.
The reason that it is possible on a Coyote engine, is because it has double overhead cams, where the intake and exhaust cams cans be manipulated independently, via the VVT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad I asked. Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-G920P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Ghost Cam tune is for the DOHC engines, 2011+. By adjusting the overlaps of the intake and exhaust cams via VVT it can make the car sound like a cammed car from the 60's. The issue is that it dumps unburned fuel into the chamber which is then sent on to the cats. It can damage the cats among other issues. It was a hot thing a few years back, but as people realized what damage it can cause, it faded pretty quick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks for the info. If it’s one thing I’ve learned from countless builds over the years - sound doesn’t translate to performance. I’d rather have a smooth idle that will smoke your a$$ than a bunch of noise that falls flat on its face when you may it. Thanks again! ?

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
Thanks for the info. If it’s one thing I’ve learned from countless builds over the years - sound doesn’t translate to performance. I’d rather have a smooth idle that will smoke your a$$ than a bunch of noise that falls flat on its face when you may it. Thanks again! ?
This.

Also applies to the super loud exhaust cars that have 0 other mods and stock suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts