Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys.
I'm not a new guy or anything, I just forgot my name/password. =(
But a while ago, I was talking with this board to do a 5.0 swap into my Laser Red '98 V6 auto.
So, I have a couple questions concerning if it's worth it or not.

First off, money isn't really an issue to me. It's more of if my car is a good base to do this with.
It's got a couple problems:
Crappy paint.
The e-Brake doesn't work.
The headlights look like crap.
Uh. Oh, and the front two wheels squeak like the dickens. =)
To top it off, my gf's mom hit my car going to school this morning. There's a dent above the rear passenger wheel.

So my mechanic and I were talking of doing this swap. He's got this police interceptor motor he can put in, but its a "flat tappet" motor? Is that bad? What are your thoughts? Why did I type so much? Haha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha, it does. This morning in general was bad. I didn't get enough sleep, bombed a test, had this dent crap happen. Oh, and I'm broke. I can't even buy chips. Freaking A, man, lol.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lol how is money not an issue but youre broke? anyway, ive been considering a coyote swap into my new edge for some time now. youre asking us if it is worth it, but you should be asking yourself. i want to do it because ive grown attached to the car i drive, and i wouldnt mind having it for some time to come, in v6 form or not. if youre not attached to the car, id say find one you can see yourself driving the ball bearings off of, fix it up, put whatever motor in it you want (of ford make, no blasphemy here) and have it around so one day you may pass it onto your kid, and they can have it to cherish as you did.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I meant that money isn't an issue because I'm paying my mechanic to drop the engine in. Apparently that's a downfall of swapping instead of just buying a GT; the cost of labor.

I love this car to death, it's been the most reliable car I've had. I just don't wanna do something and everyone put me down for it. We're gonna end up putting it in a matte black paint after the swap, so it'll look pretty mean!

·
Titus Wadicus
2,103 Posts
I meant that money isn't an issue because I'm paying my mechanic to drop the engine in. Apparently that's a downfall of swapping instead of just buying a GT; the cost of labor.

I love this car to death, it's been the most reliable car I've had. I just don't wanna do something and everyone put me down for it. We're gonna end up putting it in a matte black paint after the swap, so it'll look pretty mean!
Im doin a swap on a 97. your mechanic must be pretty cheap. its not super hard work... but time consuming is an understatement. imo, if your hiring someone to do the work, you might as well buy a factory gt. something that looks better than wut u got.

the dollars just dont make sense in that scenario.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts