Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my exhaust soon. I want my mustang to be loud, very loud, my first GT and I want it to be loud and proud, I would like Glass pack since cherry bomb is making them like back in the day, I know its not a camaro which is usually the glass pack favorite but i want it to be unique. i don't see many mustangs around here with glass packs, all bolt on, all borla, just the same ol same ol. what id your guys opinion on this, personally id like to go with glass pack but i get mixed reviews on it. i am also gonna go with either black powdercoat tips or black chrome tips for the exhaust tips.

by the way, my car is less than a month old since ive purchased it,
2010 grabber blue mustang GT, V8 4.6L if you guys needed any of those specs to determine suggestions

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want it loud...gonna need to make those cats disappear.
First time messing with a car as a project car that im gonna keep for awhile, last car was a 2000 v6 mustang with 198k+ miles, so i only did a flowmaster single on there with a CAI how do i make the cats disappear? what all do i need to get for that, and whats the cost usually run?

·
Registered
616 Posts
First time messing with a car as a project car that im gonna keep for awhile, last car was a 2000 v6 mustang with 198k+ miles, so i only did a flowmaster single on there with a CAI how do i make the cats disappear? what all do i need to get for that, and whats the cost usually run?
Buying a cat back exhaust would get rid of those cats for ya

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
A muffler delete is basically the same sound as the old school glass packs. The cheapest way to go would be to take it to a muffler shop, have them remove the mufflers, install straight pipe with 10" tips. Removing the cats will be a little louder, but it will sound like chit without a muffler.

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Buying a cat back exhaust would get rid of those cats for ya
No it won't. Cats are in the Midpipe.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

If you really want loud and deep toned sound. Do a offroad H with a flowmaster 10 muffler. It will howl and sound deep. But it would be way too loud for me. I have a offroad H and a flowmaster super 44 muffler. If you just want as loud as possible. Run an offroad x to a straight pipe.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Shirinero said:
thank you. What I wanna go for, imagine a car show, and there's that really loud, deep, muscle car that shows up, a classic, I want to sound like that, but look new
Your second post was misleading when you asked about cost. Your gonna spend at least 2 grand to have the best sounding car at a show.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your second post was misleading when you asked about cost. Your gonna spend at least 2 grand to have the best sounding car at a show.
I just asked was the cost was to see comparison, and no one has really replied from the side of glasspack, thank you for your answer though. Idk about 2g but I can't change to much in the car like I said I just bought it, so you can't mess with the cats otherwise it voids the warranty

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I just asked was the cost was to see comparison, and no one has really replied from the side of glasspack, thank you for your answer though. Idk about 2g but I can't change to much in the car like I said I just bought it, so you can't mess with the cats otherwise it voids the warranty
If you are not gonna mess with the cats it will only get so loud. I would even bet your car with straight pipes and cats still on it would get beat in loudness by any cat less stang but maybe those running GT500 mufflers.

Doesn't sound like you can do what you want.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
H pipe will give you a deeper sound, as opposed to an x pipe, that will be a bit louder, but also tends to rasp. I have the roush axlebacks now, and they are pretty loud for just a muffler. From what ive heard tho, they get a little raspy with and x pipe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts