Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what dual glass packs sound like????

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
####. :headbang:
heheh

glasspacks on the 3.8 is not a good mix. I've heard it in person and its really something that shouldnt be done. lol.
Yea I would stay away from them.

Go with flowpaths or Magnaflows

:)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I love the Sound of Borla

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanx

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Picking mufflers is a personal thing everyone in the back of there mind know what they want there car to sound like. But please dont base you decisions on what a V8 sounds like with a particular muffler because you will be disappointed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Danger Dude is right on...I had a '66 F100 in high school (one of the few things about me back then EVERYBODY remembers!) with glass packs, and it sounded BAD. They were broken inside (which is GOOD) and I had a blast racking them off with a stab on the gas. When they would sound off it always sounded to me like Ol' Blue was taking a deep breath getting ready to make RICE puddin'!

Unfortunately, the power in that sound was the massive volume of exhaust flowing through them. Our V6's blow like a flute compared to a tuba. :no:

Glad to hear there's a place here to listen to different tones. Somebody download some glass packs to enlighten the curious!

Tin Kicker :headbang:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eeeeexcellent, thanx..

I was thinkin I'd get the spintechs at first anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a oo' 3.8 with a 12" Allied Glass pack. And I have to say, don't get one. Save. Thats from someone with one. I'm going to be getting a catback with 50's soon. The car sounds very throuty at idle, thats it. And its sometimes fun to give that quick rev up to redline that sounds... LouD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts