Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the weather is getting cooler I like setting the air with the recycle button on but the unit automatically turns it off and I find my self inhaling fumes and other people's cigarette smoke. Why can't the recycle air button stay on?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
it's gonna be like Apollo 13 in there and yer gonna have to figure out how to get the square filter in the round hole to reduce the CO2 concentration. "Houston, we have a problem..."

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Now that the weather is getting cooler I like setting the air with the recycle button on but the unit automatically turns it off and I find my self inhaling fumes and other people's cigarette smoke. Why can't the recycle air button stay on?
No idea that is odd. Do you have the Automatic climate control?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Mine stays on.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tatsumake said:
Every time I turn the car on the switch is off... Is there a setting I'm missing?
Perhaps you can take a picture of your control cluster?

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I'm just gonna guess but that looks like a manual a/c controller. I have the same. But mine always stays where I leave it. It's odd you're having this problem.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FordTech5.0 said:
Need to know if it has Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) or Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC)
How could I tell?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I mean... I didn't buy the car brand new.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FordTech5.0 said:
Yeah that's the EMTC. Let me check for any technical service bulletins and ill look at the pint points tests for your concerns.
Thanks a bunch!!!! I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tatsumake said:
Thanks a bunch!!!! I really appreciate it.
Question, when you push max AC, it should auto set the recycle air button.

Does that happen?

I also know that if even of you have the max air button (bottom right of AC control group) going, and press the center "flow redirect" button/toggle, it turns off the recycle... But you should be able to hit the recycle button (top right of ac control group) again to get it to stay on.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

nhcowboy said:

Does that happen?

I also know that if even of you have the max air button (bottom right of AC control group) going, and press the center "flow redirect" button/toggle, it turns off the recycle... But you should be able to hit the recycle button (top right of ac control group) again to get it to stay on.
I'm also going to ask a question.. Don't be offended but we just need to make sure here...

The second button on the left is rear window defrost, not recycle (with the letter "r" on it)...

Is that the one that one stay on?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nhcowboy said:

Does that happen?

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

I'm also going to ask a question.. Don't be offended but we just need to make sure here...

The second button on the left is rear window defrost, not recycle (with the letter "r" on it)...

Yessir, if the MAX A/C is on the recycle button stays on but if I just want the vents without any A/C is when it auto turns off.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

nhcowboy said:

Does that happen?

No offense taken, I really appreciate the help. I'm talking about the button with the car and the arrow going into a u-turn. :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Tatsumake said:
Yessir, if the MAX A/C is on the recycle button stays on but if I just want the vents without any A/C is when it auto turns off.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

No offense taken, I really appreciate the help. I'm talking about the button with the car and the arrow going into a u-turn. :)
Hmmm I'll have to try it tomorrow, but I think I know the issue...

If you are talking about turning off the AC entirely and just have the vents blowing, I think the recycle is only available with the AC on.

I thought you had manually selected a different vent from the center, but still had the AC button on. I'll let you know tomorrow if mine does the same... I think it might.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There could be an issue with the control unit itself, but it really is kind of hard to try and diagnose something without being there. There are several different pinpoint tests that need to be done in order to find the root cause of why its acting like this. I checked in Ford's database, but there are no technical bulletins or service meseges.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts