Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got dibs on this deal from 3.8. What do ya'll think?

Email:

"i can send you a copy of vortech's parts list. just incase if i leave anything out. the blower itself, inlet tube (the tube that goes to the throttle body), all mounting brackets, all the modified a/c lines, an air filter, all the nuts and bolts (obviously)... thats just the stuff that came w/ the kit, but the extras i'm throwing in are... 255 walbro fuel pump, 42lb injectors, 2 belts (a new one and the one i had used), the diablo chip, the 2 Maf (75mm and 80mm). i used the 80 mm w/ the blower, but the 75mm i used for about 15k w/ a cold air induction. oh the bosh bpv (came w/ vortech kit). everthing is included, other than installation, all you would have to do is get the chip reburned to your sku number."

$1700.00 SHIPPED

:shock: :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the Vortechs are a little harder to install than the Prochargers. Anybody interested in spending a weekend w/ me to help me install? I'll give ya $50, a place to stay, and feed ya, not much, but just to say thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 hours from Greenville. Dude, I'd be honored if you wanted to help me out!

Hey, I agreed to purchase. 8) supercharged, here i come!

He is throwing in a 12 psi pulley too, but I'm going to start w/ the 8. Or...I thought about leaving my underdrive crank pulley on, putting on the 12, so it will underdrive that Vortech pulley to maybe 11 psi or 10....hmm...what do ya'll think?

184 Posts
yall crazies r gonna make me stop my nitrous setup and get a SC if u dont quit buying them. :twisted:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude, for $1700 including all fuel components, I could not say no! Think about it, Nitrous on all the time! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
is in installed yet??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, not yet. Just sent payment last Friday-so hopefully he'll ship it next week sometime. There are still a couple of things I need to do:

1. Still need to get a Fordchip or Superchip or some chip (probably not get till 2005 if I order the Fordchip)
2. Order some guages
3. Find some of the missing tools I need to install
4. Schedule the weekend to install and see if I can get a more experienced guy to help out! So far, got 2 guys that I would trust 100%, so it's just working it out with one of them with the schedule.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good Luck Ryan! Go blow the doors off some cars soon :headbang:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
MaestroSC said:
1. Still need to get a Fordchip or Superchip or some chip (probably not get till 2005 if I order the Fordchip).

actually, theyve been pretty quick lately... when i ordered mine the only reason i didnt get it within a week is b/c i didnt send my EEC code. Once i gave him that, i had my chip within 5 days. Dont let the time span hold you back. Yours will probly take a lil bit longer since yours is more of a custom setup where as mine was just a standard F2 chip

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I live in northern South Carolina, just outside of Charlotte NC

I think the custom chips are what takes so long for Fordchip. I know it will be 1 month+ turn around time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts