Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I am going to go with some off road headers for my 15 GT. I'm going with the stainless works off-road ones.

I currently have a flowmaster cat back system and Bama 93 race tune. I would obviously need a revised tune from Bama once I install the headers. I have a specific question about going CAI or not thought at this point...

So when I looked at the Bama dyno graph of the tune and then tune and CAI combo, it shows almost no gains which is why I decided against the CAI. However, not that I will be installing off road long tube headers, would the CAI be more beneficial or would the stock air box still be capable. Basically I am asking if k need a CAI to compliment the long tube headers or if the stock air box is capable enough.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would really like some feedback whether it's a good idea to go with a CAI to get the most out of the long tube headers or just leave the stock airbox in. I already have a Bama tune so of course I'll be re tuning it but I just want some feedback on my CAI question. Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just leave the intake alone unless you want the looks.
I was thinking since headers can expel more air that I would need a way of getting more air in and wasn't sure if the stock intake was capable of it with a set of Long tube off road headers. I know with just my tune it's fine but with long tube off road headers I don't want to limit what I get from them by not having s capable intake. Please anyone with solid information of this let me know

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Your intake is more than up for the task. Keep in mind your stock intake is equal to the boss intake. In terms of flow and it doesn't have the torque loss.
Here's a video from Lund with the two intakes.
http://youtu.be/Igsrr7dDFVE

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
The intake isn't that beneficial until you have forced induction. Unless you want only a little more air sound and looks for 300+$ it's not worth it IMO. You'll gain minimal power if any and won't feel it. You'll feel the power from the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Your intake is more than up for the task. Keep in mind your stock intake is equal to the boss intake. In terms of flow and it doesn't have the torque loss.
Here's a video from Lund with the two intakes.
http://youtu.be/Igsrr7dDFVE

Pick your poison.
He is asking about a CAI........................:banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The intake isn't that beneficial until you have forced induction. Unless you want only a little more air sound and looks for 300+$ it's not worth it IMO. You'll gain minimal power if any and won't feel it. You'll feel the power from the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUOTE

I already have a tune and chose to just go with a tune and no CAI because I saw basically no gains with the tune and CAI Combo. My question is, with off road headers, will the CAI be necessary at that point? I know with just a tune alone it's not but off road long tube headers is a big exhaust mod and I don't know if I will get the most of of them with the stock intake.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
You will be fine with the stock one............. until you get maxed out on going NA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution[/QUOTE

I already have a tune and chose to just go with a tune and no CAI because I saw basically no gains with the tune and CAI Combo. My question is, with off road headers, will the CAI be necessary at that point? I know with just a tune alone it's not but off road long tube headers is a big exhaust mod and I don't know if I will get the most of of them with the stock intake.

If a stock air box is good enough to be ran with a roush supercharger, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Keep the stock one and go on. Spend it on something worth your time and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

1 - 10 of 10 Posts